Is there any interest in a Stiebel Eltron climate platform?

I even checked 3499 but this did not worked out either…
Weird… as the data must be somewhere.

BTW. if you use the entity filter card you can only show the states running (true)
2021-11-30_10-15-33

I have it on the home/overview this way. So i can see what uses most of the imported engery from the Grid.

Still working on on it, some how the adresses are different, some are just not available. Taking the WPM3 table since it is the match for WPL15ACS

Its a mess with these systems :slight_smile:
If you run a windows system maybe a modbus test application would help.
i could not find an app for mac osx yet…

I do keep fingers crossed!
cheers A

I’ll give the modbus tool a try to find out the right id’s/adresses
https://www.modbustools.com/download.html

Still the extra sensor platforms give me troubles, got a question can you post your “— systemmonitor.yaml” I wonder how you managed several templates with “sensor:”

Hi Dennis,
created a folder called sensor.
In here single sensor yaml files based on the names of the sensors.
2021-12-08_14-28-24

Configuration.yaml
has the entry to load all sensor template files from the sensor folder

# Include sensors (all in a separate *.yaml)
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list sensor/

Systemmonitor,yaml
looks like this

# System Monitor
- platform: systemmonitor
  scan_interval: 60
  resources:
    - type: disk_use_percent
      arg: /config
    - type: memory_free
    - type: load_1m
    - type: processor_use

1 Like

What a duplicate “sensor:” can do. Spiced al the plaforms into seperate files and forgot one “sensor:” entry. So al the seperate templates, except isg.yaml, watts.yaml, are in one file(misc.yaml) now and its all working.

Now I can continue working on getting al the addresses from the Stiebel and fixing the mqtt integration for the solar boiler (OEG)

I’ve been looking at my numbers and found that I had to subtract 999kwh from a negative value to get the correct total.
In the table you can see that some registers only holds up to 999kwh.
Also some are in MEGAwh. (1000x)

1 Like

Morning,
Can you give us the register number?
So i could have a look. Maybe its helps me getting my missing values.

About MWH and kWh. Yes i had the reformat the Mega to Kilo so i could count them togehter.

cheers A

Has anyone already managed to integrate the electricity consumption of their heat pump into the Home Assistant Energy Management?

Hi @ArminF

Can you point me to the document online that has the screenshot you have included?

I have all the rest of the Modbus/ISG docs but cannot find this info anywhere.

Cheers.

I hve added it into the energy management as additionals.
but not sure if this is proper…
used the daily consumption values.

Hi Richard,
could you be more specific about the document?
Do you mean the ISG modbus values?

ISG Modbus

Hi,
The green screenshot showing the registers that add-up/divide to get the measured values, such as the values where you are missing the numbers after the decimal point.

this one?
2022-01-02_21-58-48

that’s from my ISG web page were i mapped the modbus registers out by try and error.

http://URL OF YOUR ISG/?s=1,1

Thanks. Got it. I thought it was doco.

Will be getting a new system in the middle of the year and have been doing lots of reading on Modbus so that I can get it to work when the time comes.

Cool.
Maybe consider to get the cooling module as well. Doesnt cost that much more but with that you can cool the heaters/house during summer time. 18 degree is our limit. Which is pretty cool when outside are 30+.
Models are called AC as far i remember.

We just hooked the pump up with the solar panels but i have to figure out how i can trigger the ISG module switch so the pump starts when enough solar power is there.

@ArminF

We are doing hydronic in-floor (slab) heating AND cooling. Via a heat pump model WPL25ACS, two manifolds with FET thermostats/controllers and other necessary components.

Our location (central Victoria, Australia) is a dry climate that can get very cold, down to 0 degrees C in winter overnight, and very hot, up to 45 degrees C in summer during the day.

So the heating and cooling functions should be quite effective, along with insulation, etc.

Because of this, I want to get as much data as I can from system to be able to track performance, as well as automatically turn on the ceiling fans in summer to assist the radiant cooling.

We will also have solar and would like to trigger the heat pump like you.

So I’m trying to learn as much as I can about the ISG/modbus prior to playing with it properly.

@ArminF Looks like my solution :slight_smile:

Wow that sounds pretty good. We do run a 20 ACS here so the modbus registers should be the same.
I still did not figure out all the values but the most important ones are covered.

Please also think about how you would like to structure your HA configuration. Folders, Packages etc.
So you can keeo it as clean as possible and do not need to touch big configuration files.

In any case… we are here to help :slight_smile:
cheers armin

1 Like