Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

How do you guys boot this into EDL mode? I plug the cable in and then press both vol +/- right away and keep holding it but it keeps booting into system. Am I missing anything here? Thanks and sorry I haven’t used Android for awhile.

Nvm got it figured out, if anyone bumps into this No Backend error on macOS (MB Air M2) like me:

File "/Users/username/edl/./edl", line 199, in doconnect
    self.cdc.connected = self.cdc.connect(portname=self.portname)
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/Users/username/edl/edlclient/Library/Connection/usblib.py", line 219, in connect
    devices = usb.core.find(find_all=True, backend=self.backend)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 1309, in find
    raise NoBackendError('No backend available')
usb.core.NoBackendError: No backend available

type this in terminal, would save you some time:

echo 'export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/homebrew/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"' >> ~/.zshenv
ln -s /opt/homebrew/lib ~/lib

Hold both buttons before plugging in (or use a switched socket to make that easier).

Hi, do you have any updates on A11 rom improvements. Is there’s any link where it is possible to check current dev or help with testing?

How do I change the hostname and other network settings?

Edit - found it if anyone needs it:

adb shell
getprop net.hostname
setprop net.hostname <new_hostname>
1 Like

That worked well thanks!

I now have the screens turning off via a simple script when my presence sensor detects no movement and then on again using the brightness control. I did find that (obviously) you can’t leave the brightness at 255 etc as when you set it to 255 again, nothing has changed and it doesn’t wake the screen. So in the script, I dim to 0 and then 4 seconds later, I turn the screen off. Turning on, I set the screen boolean on and then set the brightness back to 255. Seems to work ok.

1 Like

How it’s related to my question? See original author’s post I’m replying to, it’s specifically mentioned android 11

This thread has been mainly focused on A8, while there is a separate thread discussing the progress toward an A11 solution. The link that was shared with you would be the best place to check current dev / help with testing.

there’s nothing related to A11 in that discussion neither, I want to hear from the person initially posted A11 improved build to see if there’s new updates, so I’m asking in the original thread he posted to

1 Like

Yeah I’m now stuck at running ADB shell commands for softkeys and provision. Swapped out a bunch of cable yet I still cannot get adb shell to recognize the device. Do you have any tips, thanks!

you don’t have to boot it into “EDL mode” to run ADB commands, you’re aware of that?

Yes I’m aware of that, just need to connect it to my laptop but when I list adb devices it returns empty and the USB option in the Lenovo is grey out. I tried to re-flash for a couple times but still the same.

ok, I was only able to get this going through ubuntu, can’t really help you here sorry buddy.

1 Like

Alright I got it now, for some reasons my macOS does not recognize it using all USB-C cables (all Anker and Apple), so I swapped to a USB A to USB C and it works now.

1 Like

This is the original thread, the other one was spun off and is specifically about ROM development, which you asked about. It does cover a11 especially in the beginning.
You might get more help by being less rude

5 Likes

I don’t have any updates, the developer who was working on it did chime into this thread though, might be worth asking @deadman96385 if he’s still working on it or has moved onto other things.

2 Likes

Been trying this out for a couple days, really like it.Thanks OP for a great project!
A bit slow on Energy chart due to lots of graphs but overall I don’t mind, having the speaker is a plus.
Only one issue with SoftKeys app crashed once in a while but disable-enable Launch on boot for Fully Kiosk app fixed it.

2 Likes

I have the softkeys app crashing (I guess it’s crashing as it stops working). You said you disable launch on boot - what exact setting is that?

I’m really struggling with virtualsoftkeys on one device that I can’t get to work again.

Has anyone got any further with the virtualsoftkeys not loading/working after a while with Fully Kiosk Browser auto-loading on boot?

I don’t want to have to go to each device after a power cut etc and start Fully.

There are a load of settings in Fully relating to other apps - is there something in there preventing it working or something that can be added to help it along?

Thanks.

It seems I’m struggling a bit. I can’t get adb to work, although I have enabled developer mode. I don’t think it’s my USB-C cable, as they are the ones that came with my Pixel 3 and Pixel 8, which I used to flash LineageOS onto my phones.

I tried the edl command, but no luck there either. I can get into the bootloader recovery screen, but I’m unable to do much there beyond basic stuff. Still, no luck with running adb from the bootloader screen.

I’m using a Dell XPS with Ubuntu and am extremely familiar with Linux. I have installed countless custom ROMs. So, at the moment, I’m a bit at a loss. It feels like this Lenovo is locked down pretty tightly or I’m just missing something stupid. Or maybe both USB-C cables that came with my Pixel phones are just not compatible with the Lenovo.