Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

BART scheduleder…. :grin::light_rail:

How do you get that chart?

Very happy with this piece of hardware, many many thanks @mattmon! I’ve now got four of them. Spent a few hours over the past couple of days making a dashboard for our entryway. I’m okay with the result!

(Need to fix that “morning” string being hardcoded still :grimacing: )

6 Likes

Very nice!
currently have 2,one for the living room and one that’s earmarked for the hallway as well.

Where do you intend to use yours?

If only root worked for you, I wonder if this may be the cause. I have had this issue before when installing custom ROMs on new devices.

1 Like

This looks great and seems a lot better, faster and stable than the smart clock 2!
Anybody got a source for a reasonable price in the EU :eu:? Cheapest I could find was 65 euros :euro:

You can buy from your local amazon. Follow the link in post #1 to amazon.com and scroll down, you will find an option to buy from your local amazon. The 35 Usd were 42-48Eur, shipping/tax included - price varies quite often during a day. Shipping takes 2-3 weeks, still waiting…

1 Like

Mine was 57EUR incl. shipping and taxes. Shipping was really fast, mine arrived December 29th so 9 days after the order, with christmas inbetween.

1 Like

It is indeed! The only thing I’m missing now (apart from Google Assistant) is better screen brightness management. Since the Smart Clock 2 is meant for the bedside, it dims much more aggressively. I wouldn’t recommend the View for the bedside unless you use an external lux sensor and Fully Kiosk Browser to more actively dim the screen, and maybe Browser Mod to further software dim.

Speaking of which…

It seems like every time i wake the screen it revers the adaptive brightness option in the display options

In my case, I realized I had the brightness set in in FKB. Disabling that no longer disables the system adaptive brightness, though any brightness changes via FKB still disables it.

1 Like

Unfortunately no, the only ones available at amazon.de are 254€, also looking at ebay (65€), Google shopping,local classifieds etc, hence the question (I searched before asking :muscle::innocent:)

Anybody checked /measured power consumption?

Order on amazon.com. They ship to germany. Mine was 45€ shipping included. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Non available :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Guess I’ll just wait until it pops up again somewhere

at the moment mine is still stuck with screen on some times, but even so it rarely uses more than 40 Wh per day, which is about 1.5-2W

2 Likes

Borderline off topic… but anyone in Europe want to make a trade for a couple preflashed tablets?

I’d really like to get my hands on some of these, but they aren’t distributed outside of Europe.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks @markus.schloesser!

I will make another thread with details about the bulb when it arrives :star_struck:

1 Like

I got 2 of these from Amazon USA, delivered yesterday to Ireland for ~€50 each. Today they show as “Currently unavailable”. Oh, well… :frowning_face:

I just realized that this thing has a camera on it. Is there a way to disable it?

The shutter button on the side places a physical barrier in front of the lens. It shows as a red dot.

I suppose you could also delete the camera app and frameworks from system.bin.

Interesting idea. You could try IP Webcam.

Face unlock for HA dashboards would be pretty cool :sunglasses:

Let us know what you find!

I know this goes without saying, but just to remind everyone…

Please don’t use this device to record people without their consent.

1 Like

Camera- cool. Can I stream it to Frigate so that I know who is looking at the device?