Issue: camera.play_stream to Google Home Hub displays camera stream rotated for 90 deg clockwise

Hi,

I can normaly use camera.play_stream service to show my Reolink camera with RSTP stream on my Android TV. But when is camera.play_stream to my media player Google Hub displays stream rotated for 90 deg clockwise. Google Home Hub is updated to the latest version.’

Any advice on that?
Thank you.

See this issue - I worked around it by lowering the resolution of the stream.

1 Like

Yes, lowering the resolution helped.
Thank you.

Hi, any further instructions on how to lower the resolution? Have the same issue. Looked into the github issues but couldn’t find the workaround.

That depends entirely on your camera. For my setup and particular circumstances I had to enable a lower rtsp stream on the Unifi G4 camera and use that as a generic camera entity.

Ok, thx for the feedback! Indeed I could now change the Hikvision / Ezviz front doorbell camera DB1 resolution to XVGA (1280x960) instead of 2048x1536. Switching this resolution (using the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool) resulted immediately the camera to be oriented correctly when streamed to Google Nest Hub :slight_smile:

service: camera.play_stream
data:
  media_player: media_player.hub
entity_id: camera.cs_db1_xxxxxxx_mainstream

As per others, changing to a 4x3 lower quality rstp stream solved this for me.

However my next hub overlays “Default Media Player” over the top of the video ---- is there a way to get around that?