Issue connecting USB Devices / reset USB Mapping?

Good morning I‘m brand new to this community and have a question about connecting USB Devices to my Raspberry.

Installed is hass.io on a raspberry 4, 4gb, 32GB

If I connect my KNX USB Device my raspberry only shows:

Detecting HardwareAction.ADD usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/032

but nothing like:

Detecting HardwareAction.ADD serial hardware /dev/ttyACM0

If I connect my conbee stick I get a Status:

21-02-10 07:05:14 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/033

21-02-10 07:05:14 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD serial hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2415980-if00

21-02-10 07:05:15 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE serial hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2415980-if00

21-02-10 07:05:15 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/033

21-02-10 07:05:18 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/034

21-02-10 07:05:18 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD serial hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2415980-if00

As you can see it removes it and adds it again… Seems kind of strange to me. especially since the knx device got connected several days ahead of time. Is it possible to have kind of a duplication of /dev/ttyACM0?

Is there maybe a possibility to rest the USB Mapping. So the USB Counter starts from 0 again etc?

Thanks for the support

2 Likes

+1

Same problem, but with a Texas Instruments Zigbee USB.

Hello,

I believe it is recommended to use the full /dev/serial/by-id/…/…/ path instead of the /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyACM1 paths in your device configs as the ttyACM* values could change based on how the system captures the USB devices. In your sample above, you can use: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2415980-if00 instead of the /dev/ttyACM0 path

It does seem that a lot of people have been having issues with USB devices since the last 5.11 OS update (some of what is discussed here: Udevd[529]: bind failed: Address in use)

AFAIK, the incremental USB numbers should be reset when your OS is restarted, but I’m not positive.

Looked in the .storage/core.config_entries and it seems like I have the /dev/serial/... path set up.

Still get the same problem and it also kills the performance on my pi.

Hi,
I have the same problem since OS update and 2021.12
It is a CC2531 USB stick used for Z2M which keeps connecting and disconnecting.
Does anyone find a solution?

Same issue here with decon II… :frowning: