[ISSUE] HA reports lightbulbs being turned on, but in fact they are not on

Hi all,

As stated in headline I daily see some of my lightbulbs report “turned on” in HA without actually being turned on. I wonder if anyone have any similar issues, and if so, are able to guide me towards a solution.

Some detailed info:

• All “faulty” lightbulbs are IKEA Zigbee bulbs of varying models (E14, E27, all tunable white) and of different age.
  • The bulbs work perfectly, besides the described behavior.
  • The issue occurs at random times and with random intervals.
  • No user or automation interaction happens at the time of “turning on”.
  • The logs show that ZHA is polling the bulb for a state at roughly the same time as “turning on”
  • I have tried resetting both my Sonoff Zigbee bridge and the bulb.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide!

EDIT: Markup

That means the device itself is reporting that itself is on. Start looking at settings in the bulbs.

Regardless, always try to rule out interference and be sure you have enough Zigbee Router devices within range, so follow this → Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization (weird symptoms are usually due to EMF interference from something so before doing anything else start by connecting the Zigbee Coordinator via a very long USB extension cable to get it far way from other devices, and be sure to only connect to to a USB 2.0 port, so connect it via a powered USB 2.0 hub if your computer only have USB 3.x ports. Know that USB 3.x ports and USB 3.x devices will cause serious EMF interference for Zigbee).

If that does not work then also consider upgrading the Zigbee Coordinator firmware to a later version