Issue with enabling/disabling motion detection on Blink Mini

Hi all,

I have the Blink integration installed with two XT2 (which are outdoors) and one Mini (indoors).

I’m looking to create some automations so I can disable motion detection on the Mini/indoor camera, whilst keeping the motion detection enabled for the outdoor/XT2 cameras.

Whilst testing this in the services dev tool, the two XT2s successfully update when using the camera.enable_motion_detection (and disable) services. However, neither work with the Mini.

Does anyone know why this may be? Or had any experience of this working with a Mini?

Cheers
jpcamps

The underlying library has an issue raised for Minis covering the issue: Cannot arm/disarm Blink Mini Cameras · Issue #366 · fronzbot/blinkpy · GitHub

Thanks. Yeah, I found a separate post about it. Didn’t show up when searching via community search bar, but did when I searched on Google.

In case it helps someone else, this is the other post I found: Blink Integration support for Mini Cameras

Also, I found a way around this by adding the Mini as a separate system in the Blink app (as it doesn’t need the hub, like the XT2s do). This then allows me to arm/disarm the Mini independently, at night and when not in, but then leave the “Home” system (XT2s) armed all the time but enable/disable motion separately as and when required.