Issue with HA installation on docker

The answer is yes then

That has a Marvell ARMADA385

I belive that needs anArm image?

1 Like

Indeed, but docker is smart enough to pick the proper architecture.
Actually, using the arch-specific image name has been deprecated a couple releases ago by HA.

I’m using the same home-assistant/home-assistant:stable image both on x64 and arm.

4 Likes

Try to do a docker logs homeassistant between restarts.
You might be lucky enough to get meaningful logs, still.

2 Likes

Hello Koying,
Thanks for your help.

Couldn’t get any log so far. I’ll keep trying.

It started all with this tutorial i found on the internet:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-on-wd-mycloudex2ultra/530270

I don’t know if it can be any helpful? i followed every step but still…

If i can catch any log i’ll let you know.
Thank you all.

This almost always ends with disappointment :laughing:

EDIT
I have had the same issue you have when docker randomly decide not to download the image or use the image downloaded. I think I remove container and reboot host and try again.

really you should be able to get HA running with no ports and no volumes mounted. I would step back and simply work on getting the container running then work on the rest. in portainer just add the image to use, give it a name and deploy works for HA if all is OK.

1 Like

:rofl: I’m new to this. I’m at the very beginning of the road to disappointment. So exciting :smiling_face_with_tear:

Gee. So much room for failures…
I assume you know what you’re doing regarding /mnt/ha/config ?

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for your help. I gave it a try but it didn’t work. In the meantime I’ve understood that the container was restarting because of error code 139 and from what I’ve understood it seems that this is due to the fact that my NAS doesn’t have enough RAM. I have 1GB, do you think this is the problem?
Thanks

i tried differents folders but i doesnt seem to be the problem… :thinking:

No. It mean container don’t something wrong by accident or on purpose. Pretty sure since it’s HA it is accident.

It sound like tutorial you used had you install random stuff from random guy to get docker working. I am pretty weary of this and would have stopped there. I don’t think your hardware is well supported and you having difficulty hacking it into functional state. Do you have any old PC you can put Linux on or is RasPi or more usable low cost PC in your budget. I feel now is the time to consider alternatives. Not necessarily because of this error but I predict trouble ahead even if you get functional and I’m looking to help you avoid that.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and for your time.
I think I’ll pass. I’m going to get a raspberry or a greenbox, it’ll be simpler and more secure.
Thank you all for your help. :wink: