Issue with Plug Fibaro switch entity

Hi!

I just add a Plug Fibaro in my installation. Everything works fine except the switch entity which isn’t the real state.

For example right now, IRL it’s OFF but the switch is ON in HA. If I turn it OFF, it goes ON few second after (automatically), without doing anything IRL. I can turn it on IRL by switching the toogle ON/OFF in HA many times.

I can’t use the service switch.toogle because of this bug, but switch.turn_on/off works fine. Already tried to stop/start the network, refresh node and entity.

What model number?
You may need to enable polling for the plug.

It’s an FGWPE/F-101. I don’t think enable polling for the plug will change something because refresh entity manually doesn’t work, and the polling will just do the same thing.

I have this in logs:

Error, Node005, ERROR: Dropping command, expected response not received after 1 attempt(s)

That means the device is having communications issues with the network.
How many zwave devices do you have?
Have you mapped out your zwave network with the zwave graph?

I have 5 products, the Fibaro Plug is the closest to the controller, <1m (no issue with others node).

Here’s my graph:

Did you pair the plug with or without the secure option?

I have set up z wave networks both with and without secure settings.
I don’t use locks
I will never use seciure if I can possibly get away without in future.
It slows the network down and devices sometimes miss the message entirely
Secure takes 4 message blocks rather than 1 for non-secure
Imagine that going across a couple of hops or worst case 4 hops (I shudder)
I WAS told that fibaro dimmers required secure for scene activation, they don’t.
Read your docs carefully and ONLY include secure if it allows a feature you NEED

This is why I asked the OP, covering the bases on troubleshooting :wink:

Yeah, I know you know that, but given some people’s responses in the past included : -
“Well. i rebuilt my network in secure mode and it didn’t help !”
I’m just making sure he didn’t try :rofl:

Is that a Borg reference ?

yes but IRC didn’t allow you to start your nick with a number :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure but I think I had trouble with secure so I add it as non-secure (is there a way to check if it’s secure or not after the inclusion?). The fact is I’ve just move the plug (further!) for testing and it works fine :thinking:

On the graph, I now have a value in ms for the plug, which I didn’t have previously. I’ll try on the previous plug location later tonight.

Only use secure if you have to ie: Locks, Garage Door Openers.
I mean there is a possibility the device itself is having issues… maybe there’s a firmware update?

I’d expect it to work fine after moving it to another plug since you basically “rebooted” the device, but suspect in time it would lock up again.

I have the exact problem expect my plug is a FGWPG111.

Works fine on my Fibaro Home Center Lite but not direct with my Aeotec Stick. Was hoping to run only one z-wave controller.

I totally forgot to respond, so after plug it in another location and back to the previous one, it works fine (Aeotec Stick).

My wall was less than 2ft away from the stick and still no joy. Even pressing the button on plug would act weird!

This sounds like a hardware problem.

2 out of the 4 does this but I don’t think its hardward. You press the button to switch on, HA says its off and switches itself off. After that its ok. I just dont know. It works fine with the Fibaro controller. Could fibaro have done something with these switches. Some of the Fibaro’s devices are not the best considering the price.

If you push the button on the plug and it does something it shouldn’t that’s clearly a hardware issue, maybe firmware.