Issues flashing Sonoff Dongle P

I have the sonoff zigbee dongle - P
Base on TI CC2652P + CP2102N

When I open the SmartRF Flash Programmer 2, I don’t see the option to select CC2652P in the drop down menu.
I see other variants such as CC2652R, but not CC2652P.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

First one ?

afbeelding

yeah appearantly I was using an older version of the flasher. the newer version has cc2652P.

However, I’m now getting this error, no matter how long I press the boot button:

That file can’t be flahed by TI flasher 2. Known bug

flashing with cc2538-bsl.py Script works → Supported Adapters | Zigbee2MQTT

To make the upgrade process really simple and painless take a look at ZigStar TI CC2652 FW Flasher (Sources HERE). Works also great with the Sonoff Dongle P.

1 Like

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/iteads-sonoff-zigbee-3-0-usb-dongle-plus-based-on-texas-instruments-cc2652p-20dbm-radio-mcu-now-sold-for-14-99/340705https://community.home-assistant.io/t/iteads-sonoff-zigbee-3-0-usb-dongle-plus-model-zbdongle-p-based-on-texas-instruments-cc2652p-20dbm-radio-soc-mcu/340705#firmware-upgrade-requirements-and-flashing-software-links-3

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi @Tamsy .

I would also like to flash my Sonoff Dongle P with this add-on. I’m a bit worried about doing something wrong.

Could you be so kind as to tell me which settings I need to set in the add-on window?

And did I understand correctly that auto-BSL is supported and I don’t have to open the dongle to hold the BSL button?

I would appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks in advance.

If your Sonoff Dongle P is working without issues on 20221226-firmware I would stay there. No need to upgrade to a later firmware for now. More on the issue regarding later firmware versions HERE.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I’ve seen that too, but mine is still on version 20210708. That’s why I wanted to flash to the 20221226.

Simply follow the video Home Assistant Zigstar Add-on - automatic firmware update of Zigbee coordinators CC2652P and you should be good. Uprading the firmware following this is really a breeze.

Okay, I’m going to take a look at that and give it a try. Thank you so much again.

I just wanted to report back that I actually managed to do it. The adrenaline level has now slowly decreased again. :wink: The network seems stable and I could immediately notice higher LQI. Perfect. Thanks again.

I can imagine :sweat_smile:

Good to hear that you succeeded in upgrading the firmware for your Sonoff Dongle P :+1:t3:

It was a bit tricky at times because I overlooked the “raw” note for the Github link and the add-on aborted with errors. But then I saw it and then I did it. Thank you. All the best.