Issues using presence detection

Hi,
I can’t get presence detection working by using Home Assistant Companion app. I have allowed location from app and phone settings. Have also enabled gecodedlocation. HA app has rights to run on background.

Issues is that person state do not change even if I leave home. I clearly can see my phone in HA and its data and I have linked my phone to my user

but even after all these the state do not change. Example I left house yesterday for 3h hours but state says “Home”
home
My goal would be making automation when leaving / entering home. I’m not always connected to my wifi so network based detection do not really work so need some kinda location / gps based. If I can’t get HA app working, might need to switch to use 360life.

Sounds like you don’t have working remote access set up yet. You need that so that the app can report when you leave home.

The other option is to simply not use it for home/away and instead use Bluetooth via monitor.

Hmm… Could not find any docs about needing remote access to get this working. I would think that it would somehow know when leaving home.

Maybe need to check out bluetooth via monitor or remote access…

The problem is that when you leave home, the app can no longer report to HA. It literally can’t tell HA that you’re no longer home without remote access.

Could it be configured so that if the app can no longer report to HA → it would mean that I’m away?

No. The app is “pushing” updates to HA.
If your HA is not exposed to internet directly to Internet, and you don’t want it to, you’ll have to use another mean for presence detection, be it through a 3rd party, or a pure local way.