Issues with HomeKit

HomeKit fails to intialize and I am not sure what to do. I get these three messages. This is after upgrading to 0.68.

Unable to install package homekit==0.6: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-heqq1gds/cffi/

Not initializing homekit_controller because could not install requirement homekit==0.6

Setup failed for homekit_controller: Could not install all requirements.

Watching the log I can see homekit try to start, and it does find the three devices I would hope to see. Unfortunately after that it fails with these messages.

1 Like

I am seeing the same thing after updating to 0.68 in Hass.io:

(SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package homekit==0.6: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-kedmi3ai/cffi/
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing homekit_controller because could not install requirement homekit==0.6
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for homekit_controller: Could not install all requirements.
1 Like

Did you have homekit: enabled in your configuration.yaml?
I didn’t, as I was using HomeBridge. I just turned off HomeBridge auto start at boot, added the lines to my configuration.yaml:

homekit:
discovery:
  enable:
    - homekit

Rebooted Hass.io and I now see on the dashboard:

HomeKit Setup
    To setup Home Assistant in the Home App, enter the following code:
    xxx-xx-xxx

I think this is just the standard HomeKit integration isn’t it? I haven’t yet seen the log to check if I’m still seeing the above errors.

1 Like

Yea, I take it all back… I still see this on the dashboard:

Invalid Config
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

homekit-controller
Please check your config.

@HarmlessSaucer This is something different. There’s HomeKit and then there’s HomeKit Controller. You’re talking about the HomeKit component which is an alternative to Homebridge (which you don’t need to add to discovery to have work, it has nothing to do with discovery), and the other posters are talking about HomeKit Controller.

To the users above, check this post and see if it fixes your problem: Support for control of HomeKit bulbs and switches (testing required!). Unfortunately if you’re using Docker or Hass.io changes will need to be made to the Docker image to add the required dependencies.

1 Like

I was following that thread but it did not help. However, I am running Hass.io in a docker.

Yes so there will need to be a change made by the HA dev team to the Docker image.

Alright, thanks for the input.

Same error for me. I’m running Hassio on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the official image. Not possible to set up homekit-controller

Same issue

Home Assistant 0.68.0

on dashboard

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

homekit-controller
Please check your config.

HomeAssistant log

Unable to install package homekit==0.6: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-prrr6lgf/cffi/

1 Like

Home Assistant 0.68.1 no changes, still doesn’t work

See if this works here as well:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/support-for-control-of-homekit-bulbs-and-switches-testing-required/50270/31?u=thomasvs

@thomasvs - Do you know how you could do this on Hass.io?

There’s a Issue already setup on GitHub:
I would suggest you guys hit that up and comment on it/follow it.

1 Like

I was excited when 0.69.0 launched as I hoped I would finally be able to pair my device.
However sadly it seems not :frowning:

The pairing window now works for me… Hass.io is discovering HomeKit devices, but I am unable to pair with my Lightwave Link Plus Device.

I created an issue on github for this for Hass.io:
[HomeKit Controller] Unable to pair with Lightwave Link Plus Hub #473

I have a similar problem.
I’m trying to add my Nanoleaf Smarter Hub (4 simple lights connected). Home Assistant discovers the Hub and I entered the PIN Code.
The problem is, the 4 lights are not shown in HA. I only see light.nanoleaf_smarter_hub in HA but this did nothing. I thought I see all light, connected to the Nanolead Hub ?!?!

Log:

Sat May 12 2018 20:38:46 GMT+0200 (CEST)

Update of light.nanoleaf_smarter_hub is taking over 10 seconds

Edit:

And I have an second issue.
Home Assistant shows a configurable Homekit devices called “Home Assistant Bridge”. I’m not sure what this is. Homebridge via Addons is disabled and Nanoleaf Hub is my only homekit device.
Maybe its the Homekit Component from Home Assistant. But how can I remove this window?

Hello,

I have that very same question. Have you managed to understand what that is? can you let me know what you did?

Thanks

No, still not working.