Issues with my brand new HA Blue

Hi,

Just plugged my new HA Blue and installed it, after one configuration I tried to update the supervisor and something went wrong, I’m now seeing this and don’t know how to update the supervisor core or OS:

Host Operating System Home Assistant OS 5.13
Update Channel stable
Supervisor Version supervisor-2021.12.2
Docker Version 19.03.15
Disk Total 113.9 GB
Disk Used 2.1 GB
Healthy true
Supported Unsupported – more info
Board odroid-n2
Supervisor API ok
Version API ok

When clicking the “more info” link I’m getting the login page and after user/password I’m seeing this:

Can someone please help?

What does it say, when you click on LEARN MORE?

You are running an unsupported installation

Below is a list of issues found with your installation, click on the links to learn how you can resolve the issues.

maybe I had to restart the OS first?

Is there a way to factory reset the HA blue?

You can try to restart. A reset should not be needed.

And other ways I only see this in the docs:

Home Assistant Operating-System has had this preinstalled since version 6.0 - you need maybe reboot your system.

If the OS-Agent daemon is not running, start it. If the [OS-Agent is not installed](https://github.com/home-assistant/os-agent), you need install it.

and this on GitHub

This is the OS Agent for Home Assistant. It is used for Home Assistant OS and Home Assistant Supervised installation types and it allows the Home Assistant Supervisor to communicate with the host operating system.
Installation & Update
Using the Home Assistant Operating System

The OS Agent is pre-installed with the Home Assistant Operating System.

Updates are part of the Home Assistant Operating System updates, which the Home Assistant UI will offer to upgrade to when there is a new version available.
Using Home Assistant Supervised on Debian

Download the latest Debian package from OS Agent GitHub release page at:

https://github.com/home-assistant/os-agent/releases/latest

Next, install (or update) the downloaded Debian package using:

sudo dpkg -i os-agent_1.0.0_linux_x86_64.deb

Note: Replace the deb file in the above example with the file you have downloaded from the releases page.

You can test if the installation was successful by running:

gdbus introspect --system --dest io.hass.os --object-path /io/hass/os

You might need to install libglib2.0-bin to get the gdbus command.

So, actually, it has to be updated automatically. But maybe it just did not happen anyhow.

Anyhow, do not hurry, this is not a major issue, your installation will work. You can take your time to get this sorted…

I worked only 10 minutes on this new installation so a factory reset sound sthe best option.
The thing is I can’t find how to do it :frowning:

You need help from someone experienced with the HA Blue.
My knowledge stops here…

OK, it seems like the OS, I can’t update from 5.13 to OS 7

The only way, that I can think of now, is a new image of OS 7. But I don’t know, how to push that on a non removable drive of the Odroid…

Solved!! :slight_smile:

here’s the solution:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/solved-home-assistant-blue-new-instalation-and-errors-help-for-a-newbe/367487/9

2 Likes