Issues with Nest Protect after installing 20230503.1

Hello all,

Just upgraded to 20230503.1 (didn’t really notice the version number, but this is shown under the about)

My nest protect stopped working. I have tried to re-install it but still no joy, any ideas?

I am following the instructions on HACS/Nest Protect using issue token & cookies.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/nest_protect/init.py:126
Integration: Nest Protect (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 09:14:59 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:14:59

Error setting up entry Nest Protect for nest_protect
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/nest_protect/__init__.py", line 126, in async_setup_entry
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(entry, PLATFORMS)
AttributeError: 'ConfigEntries' object has no attribute 'async_setup_platforms'

Please advise.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I get the same, after installing hacs integration huawei solar:

Source: custom_components/hacs/__init__.py:171
Integration: HACS (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:56:45 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:05:47

Error setting up entry for hacs
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 220, in async_setup_entry
    setup_result = await async_initialize_integration(hass=hass, config_entry=config_entry)
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 206, in async_initialize_integration
    await async_try_startup()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 193, in async_try_startup
    startup_result = await async_startup()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 171, in async_startup
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(

I too have lost my Nest integration with the sam errors!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the “Nest Protect” integration after updating to HA 2023.5.1 as well:

Source: custom_components/nest_protect/__init__.py:126
Integration: Nest Protect ([documentation](https://github.com/imicknl/ha-nest-protect), [issues](https://github.com/imicknl/ha-nest-protect/issues))
First occurred: 8:35:42 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:35:42 PM

Error setting up entry Nest Protect for nest_protect

File "/config/custom_components/nest_protect/__init__.py", line 126, in async_setup_entry 
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(entry, PLATFORMS) 

The async_setup_platforms function had been marked deprecated a while back, initially set to fail as obsolete in 2023.3. Now it actually fails in 2023.5, as previously announced.
Since all the messages in this thread are about custom integrations (likely from HACS) the developer of those custom integrations will need to update their integration to use to use await async_forward_entry_setups instead of async_setup_platforms.

3 Likes

Strange that I don’t have those issues with latest HA… Im running the HA OS.

Nest Protect version: v0.3.12
Home Assistant 2023.5.1
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend 20230503.2 - latest

Briefly looked into the implementation of this particular custom integration and I was surprised to find that it was already migrated to use async_forward_entry_setups in lieu of async_setup_platforms about three months ago (and I’m running that specific version). Also confirmed async_setup_platforms doesn’t even show up in the codebase anymore. So… the plot thickens. Perhaps my HA installation is using a cached version?

Edit: Yep. Fully removing the integration and repo via HACS, then reinstalling seemed to do the trick!

1 Like

How did you find out which integration that depends on HACS?

Hello again

I don’t like installing beta versions, but I have installed version 0.4.0b1 just to try it out. It is working and all the Nest Protect Sensors are online now.

Thanks

Same here. 2023.5.x took out Nest (Google Nest - Home Assistant) including thermostat and doorbell cam. I’ve reverted back to 2023.4.6

Same issue. Tried removing integration completely from HACS and reinstalling and it still has an error in the logs:

2023-05-11 18:23:47.005 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Nest Protect for nest_protect

File “/config/custom_components/nest_protect/init.py”, line 126, in async_setup_entry

2023-05-11 23:38:07.133 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Nest Protect for nest_protect

File “/config/custom_components/nest_protect/init.py”, line 126, in async_setup_entry

Thanks!

Solution for Nest Doorbell and Thermostat:

1 Like

Worth pointing out that this doesn’t work if you have Nest Protect devices. Nest Protect (smoke/CO2) don’t appear as Google devices in Google Home. That’s not a bug, that’s explicitly stated by Google. So using the built-in core nest support won’t work - “Can’t find devices to link”

installed version 0.4.0b1 of what, and where did you find it?

On the branch called ‘beta’:

There appears to have been quite a lot changes regarding the initial configuration workflow that are not yet merged into main.

Edit: I’ve just tried this out myself by deleting the contents of my nest_protect folder (within custom_components) and copying in the contents of the /custom_components/nest_protect/ from the ‘beta’ branch of ha-nest-protect on GitHub.

This has actually solved the problem, but I suspect it’s this comment here that’s stopping iMicknl from merging into the main branch? I’d advise caution if you’re using the old auth-token method for authenticating with Google/Nest.