@wmaker For what it’s worth, I’ve made some decent progress.
My HA instance is hosted in Unraid on a HASSIO VM. My networking infrastructure is all Ubiquiti. I’ve enabled IPv6 on all VLANs for testing (was initially limited to IoT and my main WLAN). My HA instance sits on the IoT network.
After doing this and rebooting my VM, I found another batch of IPv6 addresses assigned (previously it was only fe80:: and my WAN IPv6 IP allocation). Now I have fd33, which from what I’ve read is ULA and is essential for the Nanoleaf lights to appear on the Thread network (can’t site sources right now, but other HA posts have suggested this as well as Github reported issues - I’ll try and find sources later).
I then rechecked my Thread setup and noticed my radio settings were different (this was probably due to the multiple resets of my border router). On the Android app, there was always one static entry with the very first radio PAN ID and Extended PAN ID. I then exposed the HTTP port of the OTBR addon (go to the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol addon, select Configuration, show hidden settings and enable HTTP 8080 AND Websocket HTTP 8081 (won’t work with just HTTP)). Navigate to your VM’s IP and the port number, and this will bring up the OTBR GUI. I selected Join, and it found 2 obsolete networks with the first PAN ID, not the current one. I managed to recover the network key it required to join this network from the Android Nanoleaf app (under Thread Network → home-assistant). I did have to try and pair another globe for the app to show the Network Key as it doesn’t by default. Copied the key down, used the same key to join the network, and it joined!
Refreshing the OTBR addon in HA now shows TWO OTBR networks (one current, one from ‘other network’). Couldn’t figure out a way to force the old OTBR config over the new until I came across this thread: How to configure preferred Thread network - #3 by stephane.stolz. After deleting the OTBR addon and restarting HA, the OTBR addon now shows no ‘current’ network, and my old one has an option to ‘Make Preferred’! After doing so, the old settings were now in place (and this can be confirmed from the OTBR GUI → Status). Brilliant!
I then done a Wireshark trace on my main PC, and lo and behold the Nanoleaf bulbs now appear (obscured some of the addressing).
This wasn’t happening before, so clearly it’s doing something useful.
I then attempted to pair the two bulbs listed through the Android Nanoleaf app, and it found the Thread networks successfully and added themselves within a second (previously it would ‘find’ the network, then time out after 30 seconds and defer to BLE).
Unfortunately even after finding the network successfully and claiming it was now on Thread, the bulbs are still showing BLE in the ‘My Devices’ section of the Android app and the Thread Network is still greyed out (from what I can tell, it should be green and your bulbs will appear in that network).
I feel like I’m 95% of the way there, but something is preventing the bulbs from fully latching onto the Thread network. Still doing some testing, but I’ll update here again if I make any further progress.