ISY994 Z-Wave Sensor Enhancements: Testers Wanted

Thanks for testing. I have the fix for this and will have it ready in a few days… Real life in the way at the moment.

1 Like

Take your time. No rush. Family first. :smiley:
I’m just happy someone has picked up the ISY integration and gotten it moved forward!
Thanks for that!

Trying to get home to them… stuck where I’m at for the moment, killing some time by working on this :wink:

Updates have been pushed for both PyISY-beta (now at 1.1.9) and isy994. This update has significant changes in PyISY (massive code cleanup effort)–so please flush out and report any bugs. Everything I’ve tried on my end is working so far, but no guarantees for this release–need y’all’s help.

1 Like

I am a bit behind but will test the new code this weekend. Thanks so much, shbatm! BTW, did you receive the z-wave module? Should have arrived last week, though you might have been out of town.

Yes, I did receive the module! I just got home last night–thought I was going to be riding out T.S. Barry. Thank you again, I’m going to install it this week.

1 Like

See note:

1 Like

Are there new dependencies that need updating? I am loading your climate-dev branch and it causes the system to stop loading things. Oddly, there are no errors shown in debug mode for both system and for ISY994. Debug shows it getting data from my ELK security system, but it never loads the ISY components and never loads GUI. Reverting back to prior code and it works fine. Any ideas?

EDIT. Ah, I am on 0.95.4. I will update to 0.96.0b0 or later as you mentioned above…

Yep the new changes require 0.96.0b1 or later. And actually, for some reason the thermostats aren’t displaying properly in my Hass.io instance at 0.96.0b1, but are working in my development (venv) at 0.97.0b0–there may have been some frontend updates elsewhere that haven’t been included in the Hass.io container yet. I’m just going to wait a few days until the containers update.

1 Like

Oh boy. I messed up on this one.
I also didn’t pay enough attention to the part about .96 and although I thought I had made a snapshot before updating (I use hassio) I was wrong because as it turns out I don’t have one.

So I tried to go back to the official component and just remove the isy994 folder from custom components, but now anything that used to start with switch or lock show up with sensor in front of them.
I’m assuming that there is still a version of PyISY on my machine that isn’t right.
Is there an easy way to fix this?
If not I’ll just have to wait for .96 to come along. I can still do what I need to in the ISY webpage. Even if it isn’t as pretty.

Home Assistant should have re-installed the correct PyISY when you removed the custom component folder. What version gets spit out when you run this command from your Hass.io machine?

docker exec -it homeassistant tail -n 4 /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/__init__.py | head -1
# Leave out the "docker exec -it homeassistant" if you're using the Hassio SSH add-on

If you get anything above 1.1.2, you still have the PyISY_beta package installed somehow.

RE: Waiting for 0.96: You should only have to wait if you’re using the climate/thermostat components. I also found the bug I was hunting in my note above, so anything newer than 0.96.0b0 should work.

I don’t have python 3.7. I have 3.6 and there is no folder named site packages in it.
I should have mentioned that I’m using the generic linux install to get hassio running.

I don’t think I’m going to worry about it too much. .96 should be out this week I think.
I can make it through until then.

Thanks, shbatm. Probably best to let code settle a bit. :smile:

I did install 0.96.0b1, but the ISY component crashed out. Snip of log:

deleted

However, it also crashed out of ISY even using your old code, so this might not be your code causing this. I also have ELK M1 component installed.

If you’re using the generic linux install (and docker) then you should be able to root around and find the package inside the container:

docker exec -it homeassistant bash
find / -name PyISY
# Should return a folder like /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyISY
tail -n 4 <path_from_above>/__init__.py | head -1

If not, something is definitely missing from your install.

0.96.0b2 is out in beta now. You can just switch to the beta channel now from within Hass.io > System… Under “Hass.io supervisor” choose “Join Beta Channel”. Then check for updates on the Add-on Tab.

That looks like a recorder/sql problem. Not a ISY issue.

FWIW: I have the component stable now on 0.96.0b2 and 0.97.0.dev0 after squashing a few bugs this afternoon. I did have to wipe my .storage/core.entity_register file after one of the upgrades, but I think that was an unrelated issue.

1 Like

I tried a couple more times on 96.0b1 (I am not being b2 beta yet for some reason) but cannot get ISY component to load. I think I will wait until next weekend and try again, perhaps with later beta if available then. But thanks, @shbatm for your ongoing development. I am using the heck out of your ISY Variable addition.

I found a bug in PyISY_beta – wasn’t showing up with my ISY but when I tried to load your node file through the fake ISY it choked. Try the latest version.

NOTICE TO ALL ISY USERS USING THIS CODE – USE THE isy994-climate BRANCH FROM NOW ON.

All changes have been merged into one branch (including Z-Wave Updates, Variables, and Climate).

I will stop pushing updates to the other branches. All changes have been combined for the PR to Home Assistant (you can follow along/comment here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/20970)

Last thing: at some point during these updates I added the ability for the “aux properties” that are reported by the ISY to be picked up and stored from the event stream. That’s a overly verbose way of saying you should start to see things like Ramp Rate and On Level for Insteon Devices, as well as the expected additional details for sensors.

Is this changed from the subversion link in the first post of this thread?

Yes. I updated the link above, but this is the new path:

svn export https://github.com/shbatm/home-assistant/branches/isy994-climate/homeassistant/components/isy994 /your/hass/config/custom_components/isy994/

Sorry for any confusion, it just got too complicated juggling the multiple branches and this was the one already in the open PR.