ISY994 Z-Wave Sensor Enhancements: Testers Wanted

yo thanks for your hard work on this @shbatm! I’m just testing it out through HACS now and test sensors are working as expected. Do you have any thoughts on the status of the aeotec multi 6 sensor? Sensor is working well for me so far, just curious if the status should just read something other than unknown?

Great work, @shbatm! I have HACS on my system already, so love the idea of moving this into HACS. Is there anything I need to be careful about when installing this in HACS?

Don’t think so. It just worked for me.

Should be straightforward, ‘drop in’ replacement and overwrite your existing custom_component.

I don’t think this will change. Looking at the node outputs I’ve received, the ISY doesn’t give a ST property for the Multisensor, so no ‘status’ can be determined. Probably best to split out all the properties as Template sensors and then hide the main device in Hass.

I was able to check out the update over the weekend and it resolved whatever my issue was. Thanks for your work on this. These changes are looking great!

I have been running the custom component for several weeks and it has been working great. I restarted today and received the following error. After several restarts including rebooting the host server, the problem persists. The ‘normal’ ISY component works fine, though. Any ideas?

2019-08-30 23:05:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component isy994
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/climate.py", line 268, in _parse_val
    (val, unit) = self._parse_val_num(val)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/climate.py", line 281, in _parse_val_num
    return (float(split_val[0]), "feet")
ValueError: could not convert string to float: 'N/A'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 168, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/config/custom_components/isy994/__init__.py", line 464, in async_setup
    log=_LOGGER,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/isy.py", line 89, in __init__
    self.climate = Climate(self, xml=self.conn.get_climate())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/climate.py", line 222, in __init__
    self.parse(xml)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/climate.py", line 253, in parse
    (val, unit) = self._parse_val(node.firstChild.toxml())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyISY/climate.py", line 271, in _parse_val
    (val, unit) = self._parse_val_dir(val)
TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable NoneType object

This should be fixed now in hacs-isy994 v1.0.5

Topic continued here: