It will only take 20 minutes

Like, why of all the times in the day, do you decide to do something at the exact same time I am working on HA? I don’t spend THAT much time working on it…

1 Like

“Oh, you want to actually use devices in the house? I’d really rather you didn’t touch, I don’t do this for anyone’s actual benefit. Didn’t you know it’s just a little hobby of mine”

1 Like

Yes, you do

You need to start working on ha during night shift

1 Like

Oh man, I’m dying here!

This is a day in the life, brother!

1 Like

Haha… I can so relate to this…
It seems you already have the Wife Approval :wink:

Shelly’s are amazing, just bought another 8 during the black friday sale. The OOB local support within the shelly’s is amazing!
Only downside is when you want hook up them up as light switches and you are missing a neutral wire in the switchbox. Meaning I need to hook it up at the bulb side which is a pain in the *ss as they are ceiling lights. For sure this will take more than 20 min as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah… My wife wouldn’t let me automate the bathroom until just a few months ago because of a prank I played on her over 4 years ago.

My wife (who is a below knee amputee) got up one night to go to the bathroom. She puts her leg on, gets out of bed and toddles off to the bathroom. I wake up just enough to let my truly awful sense of humor come out and I grab my phone and start flipping the lights on and off, about 20 or 30 times. After about 30 seconds, she comes hopping out of the bathroom with her leg in her hand screaming at me about how the lights are possessed and we must have been hacked… Then she sees me with my phone in my hand and a stupid grin on my face. Needless to say, she didn’t find my joke very funny. Ever since then, she has been dead set on not having anything smart in the bathroom.

She finally gave in and allowed me to do the bathroom on the expressed, marriage ending promise that I not mess with the lights when she is in there ever again. :slight_smile:

To this day, I still find it funny as hell. Her, not so much.

I have two Jasco switches that died well over a year ago that I still need to pull out and replace. Same thing, turned off power, relay died upon restoring it. It amazes me that people still have these switches that are working.

oh well in honesty I think you’re lucky she eventually accepted… :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Right?! To be fair, I think she finally caved on it just to shut me up. lol