ITEAD of Sonoff fame now sells a very inexpensive Zigbee USB dongle that should work out-of-the-box with both Zigbee2mqtt and the ZHA integration

No, but I’ll try it when I get time.

Is that known to solve the issue described above?

There is also the version with SMA already soldered. No need to hack.

Anyone interested in a new Zigbee USB dongle yet are not in a hurry might want to consider waiting for the expected upcoming Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle from ITead based on Silicon Labs EFR32MG21 SoC

I hope this comes soon. There is a real need for a good dongle solution. nrf53840 dongle is the best dongle, but nordic support is so unsupportive for this dongle - hence you can make end devices with the same but not the co-ordiantor

I would not expect ITead to offer good support for any of their dongles. They will likley only make and/or sell the hardware and then leave it up cummunity to support it. They have however choosen a very good chip to base it on as it is a well known Zigbee chip and said that it will not require signed firmware so the community will be able to compile newer standard firmware for it on their own without the help of ITead or Silicon Labs when needed. At least it will likley be inexpensive and available everywhere.