For anyone reading this, I managed to understand how to flash a newer firmware on the ZBDongle-E using SecureCRT.
Do not follow this guide since it is horrible, instead follow this guide that is slightly better, to understand at least.
- Download SecureCTR here
- Get the .gbl firmware for router here or coordinator here
- Dismantle ZBDongle-E
- Start SecureCRT
- Press the Boot loader button and keep holding it in, see picture here
- Insert the ZBDongle-E in your USB port and keep holding for ~10sec, should be a red light.
- Press File tab > Quick Connect >
- Settings should look like this
- Press connect
- Once you see the bar on SecureCRT blinking press “Enter”, a menu should pop up.
- Press key “1” and “Begin upload CCCC” will start loading.
- Press Transfer tab > Send Xmodem > Select the downloaded firmware
- Once finished it will say “Serial Upload Complete”
- Unplug ZBDongle-E
I got my ZBDongle-E yesterday and I had the latest version so i didn’t need to upgrade:
Hope you find this helpful!