Jeelink support for lacrosse

Hej!

So I see from the last screenshot we share the same interesting behavior: While the pylacrosse commandline reports the temperature as expected (23.2, 47,6, 19,9, …) these numbers will be rounded to .5 degrees before displayed in the UI.

I am using the latest version (.60)

What am I missing to get it to show (and put into the logs) the actual temperature recorded?

Thanks,
Alexander

BTW: I am running everything in containers so I am passing the connection via ser2net and socat, just in case somebody is interested in the config:
ser2net.cfg: 3333:raw:0:/dev/lacrosse:57600 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT HANGUP_WHEN_DONE
socat: pty,link=/dev/lacrosse,raw,echo=0 tcp:192.168.X.XX:3333

Here comes the second image:

You are absolutly right.
I haven‘t noticed that yet.
:rofl:

Would be nice, if anyone could give us a hint to fix it.

I round the readings in the homeassistant component to reduce the noise in the readings. But it seems to bring confusion. Maybe i should remove this behavior.

Hej Heiko,
thanks for the hint, I found it. No problem for me to fix it for every update, I just value the accuracy of the sensors. Back in the fhem days there was a way to only log if the change was >= ±0.2° from the last log entry or every 5 minutes to keep the sensors for producing too much output.
Possibly, to keep it simple, this would be a direct replacement for the rounding inside the component.

Great work, I really appreciate the time you have taken to make the lacrosse sensors useable in HA!

Alexander

I mentioned that the lacrosse sensors broadcasting an new ID if the batteries are changed.

Using those sensors with FHEM I remember, that there was a possibilty to set the device in some battery replace mode, to not change the ID (fhem command replaceBatteryForSec).

Any hints for that in homeassistant?

Any new ideas for that?

Not such comfy to edit the ID everytime the battery has to be changed

Hi all,

I also wanted to use my original Jeelink flashed with lacrosse and Technoline sensor in Homeassistant. But, no matter what I do, they simply do not appear in Homeassistant. No complaint about configuration.yaml from HA, but also no sensor in device or entity overview, no error messages, nothing happens at all. As if I never added the lacrosse config to it.
BTW: pylacrosse -d /dev/ttyUSB0 scan works absolutely fine and I was able to get the sensor, so I am pretty sure the Jeelink is not the problem. This is my config:

#Lacrosse

sensor:
  - platform: lacrosse
    device: /dev/ttyUSB0
    baud: 57600
    led: true
    sensors:
      kitchen_humidity:
        name: Kitchen Humidity
        type: humidity
        id: 29
      kitchen_temperature: