Join Existing Network as Secondary Controller

I am unable to figure out how to join my Hass.io RPi with Aeontec Gen5 Stick to my existing Z-Wave Network as a secondary controller.
My desire to do this is that I do not want to re-pair all of my devices manually with Home Assistant. Instead I want to use the Z-Wave mechanism for transferring the network to the new controller, then promote it to be primary.
I understand that Home Assistant does not support operation as a secondary controller, but I’m hoping there’s a way to avoid needing to exclude every existing device and re-pair them with my new Home Assistant / Aeontec controller.

The screenshot is the button I expect to use on my Universal Devices ISY to shift primacy to Home Assistant. I’m fairly certain it was the Receive (Learn Mode) button I used when moving from Vera -> ISY.
ISY Screenshot

Nevermind… I tried something and destroyed my entire network…
Awesome

Bummer… I’m hoping to do the same thing… Safe to say you didn’t figure out a way?

I did not figure out a way forward. I completely gave up on Home Assistant and went back to my Universal Devices ISY.
For me, buying a product with actual support is a far better deal that using a free open source product and being told “figure it out and be grateful for how much we’ve given you for free”.
If paid consulting services were sold for Home Assistant I would have paid for the help; but instead I had unresolvable problems.
I also selected Z-wave for my HA network, which Home Assistant supports; yet I’ve seen instance of the team/community saying “talk to OpenZwave if you have a problem”.
Practically speaking Home Assistant was not working well with my Zwave network, and in general I found it difficult to validate automations.
I didn’t accomplish home automation, merely home control. ISY served me better, so I’m back on it.