JVC Projector Component

Is anyone also having troubles to read certain attributes? For me it was working but it somehow seems to be broken… for example: lasermode and latency

platform: template
sensors:
  nz8_latency_state:
    value_template: "{{ state_attr('remote.nz8_remote', 'low_latency') }}"
    friendly_name: NZ8 Latency Mode
    #icon_template: mdi:power
    unique_id: 240cf4e1-7eac-454f-a751-ecf65c054e1d
sensors:
  nz8_laser_mode:
    value_template: "{{ state_attr('remote.nz8_remote', 'lamp') }}"
    friendly_name: NZ8 Lasermode
    unique_id: 7fe97b28-75ce-48bc-814a-8d774df6c838

Picture Mode for example is still working fine:

sensors:
  nz8_picture_mode:
    value_template: "{{ state_attr('remote.nz8_remote', 'picture_mode') }}"
    friendly_name: NZ8 Picturemode
    unique_id: dcf20ff1-2d2d-45fb-9ff4-a610e110dbc7

Can you please post an issue on the github repository with any relevant error messages so I may test?

EDIT: resolved here. Basically, only some things are valid state_attr and in order to retrieve something that isn’t one of those, you must send it as a command and then look at the last_commands_response attribute.

Done that… to be honest i am not sure if its an addon issue or my fault :slight_smile:

Those of you on V2 firmware for the NZ series who are having issues, it looks like JVC has changed the commands and shuffled things around with the picture and lamp mode states. I will push an update once I have had a look over the updated specification.

Yes this makes sense. I’m working on a change to allow persistent connection when sending multiple commands so that there isn’t such a delay. The next update will have this functionality.

Perfect! I’ll work on the “read only” component starting from your codebase :slight_smile:

Simple question: Is this HAC still working? I know JVC released an “official” integration but I liked this one better and i am trying to revert to it unsuccessfully

It’s been a long while since I’ve worked on the code or tested it. I’ll try and get it up to date and installable in the coming weeks and then archive the project so people know it’s not going to receive any further updates.

Thanks, I know it is a labor of love, but it worked really great

Just confirming, were you on the latest development version of my integration with the config flow based setup?

Any particular reason why you aren’t using the official home assistant integration? I had a short browse through their code and it looks like they’ve implemented most of the stuff that was on my wishlist for the underlying python library in cleaner, more maintainable code.

I believe I’m still using this version. Is the recommendation to move to the “official” one at this point?

I haven’t yet tested the official component, but if it’s got the same functionality as this one, I’m going to stop working on this and recommend people move over to the official component before this inevitably breaks.

1 Like

Tried the “official one”, and it’s not close to yours. Looks to only emulate the remote control buttons. You can’t send commands to execute specific lens memories, masking, etc.

It’s pretty incomplete in comparison to yours, and potentially only useful if you use home assistant to provide a gui remote. but if you want to do automations of any depth (like lens memory and masking combos to accommodate various aspect ratios) it’s a no go. So my appeal is don’t give up on yours.

I’m kind of surprised it’s the official jvc projector integration given how simple it is compared to yours.

1 Like