KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

I actually managed to get the 3 slots working again,
I was looking through the entity options for the lock and found this

I opened each of the slots that were not responding and manually ran them and from then on everything worked normally.

Thanks for the reply

3 Likes

I am running 2022.2.9, and the latest version of keymaster. Everytime I restart HA, the lockā€™s day and night autolock intervals reset to default values. What I am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

Quick question,

I actually have 4 Schlage BE469 locks, currently two of them are being used in Keymaster, Is there a limit to how many lacks can be added?

Thereā€™s no limit.

Cool thank you,

I did go ahead and add my 3rd lock and it was a breeze. Will be doing me 4th tomorrow :grinning:

Iā€™m new-ish to HA, but a total newb to customizing lovelace dashboards. I have successfully configured 7 Yale Assure SL locks with Keymaster, each lock on a different tab in a dashboard using the generated yaml. Two locks have 18 slots and the others have 10 slots each, so needless to say, there is a lot of information on each of these tabs.

Iā€™d like to build an overview tab that gives me a quick summary of the state of all slots and all locks in a compact format. This view doesnā€™t need to edit anything or activate/deactivate the locks, it just needs to report current state.

Iā€™m thinking a table for each lock, perhaps formatted like this:

Lock Name

Slot Status State Name PIN Enabled Date Range
1 Connected (āˆš) On John 1234 True Mar 1 4pm - Apr 1 12pm
2 Disconnected ( ) Off Sue 5678 False None

Columns:

• Slot: the slot number
  • Status: so I can quickly check activity, especially to see if it is stuck as Adding or Deleting
  • State: The (āˆš) and ( ) would be the yellow circle checkmark state icon
  • Name: Guest name
  • PIN: Guestā€™s PIN code
  • Enabled: If the slot is currently enabled or not
  • Date Range: If Use Date Range is not enabled, this would be None, otherwise the start/end dates.

Are there any existing custom cards or github projects that I should consider using? Any examples of yaml and/or custom code to render a tabular card like this? Any other advice that might help guide me to a working solution (iteration through slots, conditional date range output, etc)?

This is for a multiple unit Airbnb. Iā€™m worried that a guest will arrive and their lock code wonā€™t work. My hope is that this overview will make it easy for me to quickly identify potential problems.

1 Like

You should explore existing dashboards and available controls in HACS to see whatā€™s possible.

I installed KeyMaster today and so far so good, it recognizes the lock and I can unlock/lock with it. However, I try to add a PIN and it just sits there on ā€œaddingā€ and never makes it. I monitored the zwavejs2mqtt log and didnā€™t see anything hit it when I created the PIN.

What should I look at when trying to troubleshoot this?

Try what this user stated:

1 Like

I fixed it. I had the lock installed before I had it hooked up to zwave and there were user codes in the first few slots. I deleted the old codes and then it allowed me to start adding them through keymaster. Problem solved!

1 Like

Same, I have a lot of trouble with this. The codeslots go ā€œunavailableā€. Sometimes fussing with it helps but not today.

@FutureTense Hello, I am using the Yale Assure SL Zwave lock (3 in total) but for some reason only 1 code which is in slot 2 has went to ā€œconnectedā€ status. All other code positions stay in ā€œAddingā€ or ā€œDeletingā€ status. (This is what is occuring on 2 of the locks, on the 3rd lock, none of the 4 code positions move to the ā€œconnectedā€ status, all stay in some ā€œā€¦ingā€ status)Can anyone give me any guidance as to what is going on or how to troubleshoot/ fix this issue.

Thank you all for your help!!

Same thing is happening to me right now. Iā€™m using the Yale Assure lock. Also some of the codes are sync with my other lock of the same type and some arenā€™t

Iā€™m starting to question the maturity of Home Assistant sadly because Iā€™m running into tons of things that I wouldnā€™t call ā€œuser friendlyā€. The whole system is reminding me alot of webcore from smartthings which I mostly stayed away from because Iā€™m not a programmer by trade. I can tell home assistant is more than likely insanely powerful if your highly technical but otherwise, Iā€™m not so sure. There have been quite a few things so far that have been much harder to implement than I thought would or even should be. Whereas smartthings has precompiled widgets for the largest features (home security monitor based on sensors, safety monitor based on leaks etc.). All of this seems to have to be ā€œrolledā€ by the user within the Home Assistant environment.-- Unless I just donā€™t know where to lookā€“The lock managing noncomponent is seemingly another one (Widget in smartthings called ā€œSmart Lock Guest Accessā€). If you end up learning anything, please post back here even if it ends up being another integration. The number of entities this one created drives me batty also everytime I look at it.

It may just all be a: I need to temper my expectations situation if I am going to stick around and remember were not dealing with a multi-billion dollar corporation down this path.

This is 100% accurate Weston. Period. It is a fundamentally different philosophy. And while HA is WAAAY more user friendly than past iterations - thereā€™s ZERO way Iā€™d reccommend it to my dad - a non technical user. SmartThings is (INCREASINGLY) designed for a novice user, opting to shield the complexity, while HA leans into it and encourages customization. That said - this particular tangent of the conversation is WAY off topic for Keymaster so out of respect for the thread owner, if you want to continue that conversation thereā€™s a few ST v. HA threads on the forum frequented by ST refugees. - er - former users. Theyā€™re easy to find. (All I will say is HA is Webcore on steroids, gamma rays, and it ATE the Hulk. If you didnā€™t like Webcore, youā€™re going to have a tough time with HA.

As to your specific issue, yeah that happens - and not only with the Yale. Keymaster can only report what the lock is telling it. Thereā€™s MANY ā€˜Stuck on addingā€¦ā€™ reports on the forum. Higher up in this VERY thread. Unfortunately, thereā€™s almost as many resolutions as there are reports. I had the issue myself. My 3 older Schlages were a royal pain to get past ADDING. (I later traced its likely cause to a communications issue in my Zwave network related to a firmware bug.) To clear it, I ended up manually clearing out all of the codes using ZWaveJS service calls in the HA debug tool, then I restarted the lock configuration in Keymaster from scratch and they finally ā€˜took.ā€™ Fortunately adding / removing codes is a once every 6 months kind of event here so that was good enough for my install.

1 Like

Definitely agree with your statements here. That will be my next go at things, exactly what you said. For now I have moved them back over to ST and I will take those 3 little guys a little slower because I believe it may take some investment as you said. Thank you for your views and guidance on this subject and definitely agree with all points made.

Yes, itā€™s an interesting subject, but itā€™s off topic here. KeyMaster was/is just a template builder. A UI to program slots of a lock. When we (@firstof9 @raman325) started to understand how to control the locks it all snapped together. Every slot has a boolean value indicating on/off. The templates determine that value, and writes/removes codes accordingly. In fact, itā€™s really simple.

1 Like

Draw it up in a simple table. Look for examples. Then find the element name of each object, and put that in your yaml.

This worked! Thank you.

Hello allā€¦ Iā€™m new to keymaster, already went through the gauntlet of install issues (see github issues). Finally was able to get this online and running, but have a couple questions:

1. Does Keymaster have any insight to the Schlage FE599 security level / tamper controls?
(Found answer to #1, will automate this)
2. What triggers the automations for the parent lock to copy to the child locks? (Still shows ā€œNeverā€ for run status)
3. Noticed my FE599 does not send out notifications on anythingā€¦ while my BE469ZP does fine. Anyone having similar issues?