KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

@raman325 has been a big help too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes he has. Our wizard of zwave.

2 Likes

I’m looking at getting a smart lock for my house and am thinking of going zwave after seeing this app. I was concerned that it was no longer being developed, thanks to all of you who provide some amazing work for the rest of us to enjoy. I hope to be able to contribute someday.

With the advancement of communication tech and upcoming matter, would you guys still go zwave with KeyMaster? I just found out about this and this is probably the 10th time I’ve researched smart locks and Home Assistant integrations. Makes me wonder if there is something else out there that I’m not aware of in the door lock community.

I’m not presently aware of any Matter capable locks.

Personally, I use this for a lot of locks. I’ve got 9 different locks that I manage with Keymaster across 4 different HA installations (different properties). I find that Keymaster works very well, any problems I’m having is always related to lock communication issues and is not a fault of Keymaster. That being said, I rarely have any issues at all as Z-Wave tends to be very solid as long as you’ve got a good communication path / mesh for your nodes.

There has been some effort to get Zigbee locks in, but IIRC when I last looked at the change there was still some issues with it. If Matter locks become available and match the feature set of Z-Wave in a way that Keymaster can support, then I wouldn’t be surprised if support would be added.

Couldnt find anything in the logs related to keymaster for error. One thing wanted to check is that i have all automation in a folder in the config directory and in the configuration.yaml, i have it as below

Wondering if this would case any issue?

Your automation includes won’t have any effect on KeyMaster’s generated packages.

As your configuration.yaml seems to be using an include for the homeassistant key I am unsure if this will cause issues with the packages configuration.

Moved the packages directory under the includes folder where I had the homeassistant file, now I am seeing all the helpers and automation got created and the able to create the dashboard.

Seems you solved it. Excellent. :+1:

Have been using this awesome tool for years.

Curious if there is a way to reference pin slots via secrets.yaml? Trying to consolidate keymaster, alarmo and other integration pins into a single source reference.

Why bother? I could have added a database to this, to store the mappings. But since HA screens persist state I didn’t see any added benefit, except possibly generating reports. But you could still do that by using templating to query values.

Hi,

Hoping you will be able to help me. I just switched from OZW to Z-Wave JS and notifications have broken in Keymaster. I keep seeing this error in the logs.

I have tried modifying the keymaster_frontdoor_lock_notifications script but that has not changed the result or error message.

Any direction that you could provide would be appreciated.

Currently running core-2024.2.0

Did the name of the lock change?

No the name still shows as the same

Ok, post the yaml code from that automation so we can take a look

This is what is currently set.

I did try setting this, but it didn’t resolve the issue.

This is the script and it seems in order. Post automation.keymaster_frontdoor_lock_notifications

You will find it in the automation tab.

Hmmm, maybe that’s the problem automation name for some reason has spaces?

BOOM! When you change to JS the name changed, although similar the space is what is causing the issues. Redo without the space. Test in Developer Tools

Made the change and no notifications triggering yet.

would I need to redo these for all the entries like this in frontdoor_keymaster_common.yaml before it will work?

Yes, I’m looking at this screen shot and the ID here have spaces, but if you removes the sames then these need to match the proper ID

1 Like