KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

@FutureTense and others who help with their experience, I have nothing to complain about.

I just want to say, Thank you!

(I have settled on the Kwikset HC-620 Z-Wave. It requires no other software besides KeyMaster.)

1 Like

Hi all,

Recently I changed my phone name and I’m getting below error. Where can I update “notify.mobile_app_johnny_s22_ultra_app”?
“config/automation/edit/keymaster_frontdoorlock User Notifications” in GUI I also get warning?

keymaster_frontdoorlock User Notifications uses an unknown service
The automation "keymaster_frontdoorlock User Notifications" (automation.keymaster_frontdoorlock_user_notifications) has an action that calls an unknown service: notify.mobile_app_johnny_s22_ultra_app.

This error prevents the automation from running correctly. Maybe this service is no longer available, or perhaps a typo caused it.

To fix this error, [edit the automation](/config/automation/edit/keymaster_frontdoorlock User Notifications) and remove the action that calls this service.

Click on SUBMIT below to confirm you have fixed this automation.

The automation is fine, fix your manual notifier script.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction. For any one else having same issue it was in /homeassistant/scripts.yaml

1 Like

Hi all, just got keymaster up and running for 3 VE479 schlage locks and after a bit of some fumbling its now working, using the parent with 2 children feature and codes ‘connected’. I did have some follow up questions hoping maybe someone can help with

1. I set up several locks such as ‘front_door’ and ‘garage_door’. When getting notifications they dont look the nicest. Any way to set up some sort of ‘Friendly Name’ so it would instead say ‘Front Door’? I suppose this may be more of ‘how do i modify my manual notify script to make it display the lock name nicer?’

2. I saw there is auto close feature and I can set the time outs, great stuff. I didnt see anywhere in documentation two things
    a. What are the default values for the daytime and night time ones? (ie what time of the day does it switch)
    b. Is there a way to modify this?

3. Back on the notification stuff, Im using the basic manual notification script provided in the wiki. In addition to the fact the names doesnt look at nice (friendly names) I saw that sometimes I get repeat msgs. Especially if I use the ‘door notifications’ feature (i have my alarm system set as my door sensor for the 3 doors). When on, the door didnt move and it kept sending a ‘door closed’ every few minutes. Not sure if this is how its supposed to work? I assume its when the door opens or closes it would notify me?

Anyhow thanks again all!

There’s no restrictions on the naming of the lock, the only thing is for " " (Space) use “_” (underscore). If you’re chaning the lock names after the installation, make sure the names match on your scripts.

Yes you can find the defaults on the lovelace tab for KeyMaster, the lock icon. You can also find it in helpers, in helpers it is “Day Auto Lock HH:MM:SS” and "Night Auto lock HH:MM:SS) You can see and change the value both on lovelace and in Helpers.

You probably have lock, door, and garage notification on or a combination of two. You can turn notification on or off on lovelace or in helpers.

Thanks ill def check out the helpers. Regarding the lovelace view the hh:mm:ss is more of a timer (like auto close after 15min). My question was more of the time of day that the “day auto close” was active vs the night. Like day is active 6am to 6pm and night the opposite. I haven’t looked at the helpers yet but guessing in there. Or maybe I am wrong and the hh:mm:ss is signifying the time of day. If that’s the case I guess my question would be where to set the duration? Like for example I wanted a 30min auto lock during the day and a 10min at night. So just looking for how to see that as well as what is considered night time and day time (or maybe it just uses sunrise snd sunset but kinda figured it gave options to adjust)

For the various notifcations I actually had garage notifcatiojoff and lock off, leaving only door but it was still firing multiple notifications. Shrug

On the name change, since I started with all lowercase, if I wanted to change to something lime Front_Door (from front_door), would I just need to update a few of the files or likely doing to have to find/replace a bunch of things? Thanks again for the help

I believe it is based on “sun” integration, based on your location sunrise (day), sunset (night)

I’m not sure what I’m missing but I’m stuck here as well. This used to be setup but something broke at some point updating home assistant.

I occasionally have a lock fail to go into connected state " sensor.connected_ross_front_door_6"
This will cause a guest to be unable to access the unit. I have set up an automation to send me an Xmpp message when someone is checking in to remind me to log in and check that the code is connected. This has helped but what would be cool is if I could have an automation triggered by the calendar event then check the correct slot verify the code is connected and message me if it is not connected.

Any suggestions as to how to accomplish this would be great.

Thanks

Craig

Is the lock staying in adding state? I get that on a few of mine every now and then. I keep meaning to create an automation that triggers on the state staying in Adding for more than 5 minutes as that would be a good way to trigger something to ask you to check the lock.

My usual action is to then trigger the keymaster.refresh_codes against the lock and that almost always clears the issue for me. Sometimes, though, I have to go poke the slot directly via ZWave-JS UI to figure out what the problem is.

Yes that’s what happens to me also. I can usually fix it but if I am busy I get a phone call about people unable to get in, not a great customer experience.
If you do end up making an automation that would send a notification that would be great. Really appreciate this integration I’ve been using it for quite a while and it has been fantastic.

Thanks
Craig

I have notifications setup to receive a message when someone types in their code. It works perfectly for me. I will receive a message with my name in it. For some reason, my wife and son’s names are switched. If he enters his code, I will receive a message that my wife just unlocked the door and vise versa. I looked at KeyMaster and the correct names match the codes. I’m not sure where to look to fix the names.

I haven’t used Keymaster in a couple of years. Does this automatically integrate with the new Automations organization system, or do I have to do it manually after installing?

In what way are you asking?

Are you asking if it adds categories or labels to the generated automations? No, you would need to do that yourself if you want them.

1 Like

Yep. That’s what I was asking. I know it adds A TON of stuff, so I was hoping it would add its own category (assuming that’s possible).

You can give Lock Code Manager a go as a lighter weight option.

1 Like

Oh! Interesting!

Can somebody explain what this toggle does? The one in red…
thx! :slight_smile:

The current configuration of that toggle means that if the custom weekdays are being observed, then on Sunday, between 08:30 and 10:00 the PIN should be enabled and from 00:00 - 08:29 and from 10:01 - 23:59 the PIN should be off.

If you toggle that value then the PIN setting would get inverted.

On Sunday, from 00:00 - 08:29 and from 10:01 - 23:59 the PIN would be on and from 08:30 - 10:00 the PIN would be off.

That’s how I read it. I personally don’t use the custom day settings.