KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Thanks for the offer @jlambert121! I would say that you would have to get keymaster set up and working using the HACS version before you could test the experimental version, because the intent is to figure out if it works, which will be harder to figure out if you don’t have it working without the experimental version. If you’re up for it and still interested in testing, let me know and we can move to Discord/DM

I’m still on ozw…

sweet will message you on Discord

So I was on ozw and using lock-manager successfully before and finally got around to switching my network to zwavejs2mqtt and installing keymaster. But for the life of me I cannot get it to function now (pins not being transferred to lock). :sob: Anybody have be469zp locks and on zwavejs? :blush:

I had this same situation, and without me doing anything at all it started working properly after a few days. Probably not what you want to hear, but I would give it some time before you spend too much time tinkering.

I saw your previous posts too. I didn’t know if it was because the lock didn’t have all the values interviewed or if it was something going on with keymaster itself :woman_shrugging:

(I actually think it has to do with the lock itself added onto the network. Mine doesn’t have the multitude of (blank) user codes populated, so kinda makes sense why the pins aren’t sticking I think. Gonna have to troubleshoot that first.

Figured my problem out!

The rest of my BE469ZP locks are all working in regard to setting pins. One of my locks doesn’t have the “user codes” values listed in zwavejs2mqtt, so that’s a problem I have to figure out. Maybe a defective lock :woman_shrugging:

Please disregard previous post :grin:

Have you tried to reinterview the node? It might’ve had a bad interview

Yeah, I’ve tried it a few times. Honestly, every time I re-interview, it’ll just randomly jump from unknown manufacturer / product to knowing it’s an Allegion BE469ZP but no matter how many times I try re-interviewing or even factory resetting and re-including, I get all the values EXCEPT user code :angry:

I’m not sure if this lock is just… defective? I have noticed though that every time I include the lock, it’ll show the little check mark for successful inclusion on the keypad, but the zwavejs2mqtt message always shows “no nodes found” and then it’ll magically appear in my list. Feel like I’m banging my head against the wall. :woman_facepalming:

Does anyone know of an easy to get the lock change type, so it can be used in Nodered?

I was using ‘input_number.frontdoor_lock_command’ with lock-manager with OZW. It would pull the change in the lock and if the lock was unlocked with a code or locked with the keypad it would arm or disarm my alarm system. This worked great, but now that I switched to keymaster and zwave.js I can’t figure out how to do this. I get all the event information, but not sure how to use this information or any other way to accomplish what I am trying to configure.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

edit:2/23/21

I wrote an appdaemon that works for what I was trying to do and posted it to github in case anyone wants to see how I handled the notifications and alarm automation.
https://github.com/rlgrimes/appdaemon

Thank you for developing KeyMaster, I installed it yesterday and with a little tweaking I was able to get it all working. :star_struck:

1 Like

Edit: For me, the fix was factory reset and adding the nodes securely again.

Yeah, I was on zwave (classic) and after upgrading to zwavejs I can’t get the PINs to take.

Alternatively, if I disable the PIN, I get stuck on disconnecting.

Still, great app!

1 Like

You don’t have a PIN specified, much less a Name for that slot. You need both.

Ah, to be clear, that just happened to be the state of things during the screenshot. My experience was similar to this one: https://github.com/FutureTense/keymaster/issues/80#issue-804271542 I had to wipe all my existing PINs and start over, but still beats working directly with the keypad.

I had to remove the integration due to performance reason but I’m left with all of the input_booleans, input_datetime, etc helper objects…hundreds of them. Any idea what configuration file they live in so I can delete them en masse? I hunted but couldn’t find them.

So I have 3 identical locks… anyone have any ideas on a way to get one interface/Lovelace page that would change the codes on all the locks together without having to go to each locks page separately?

If you followed the Wiki it should be packages/additional_yaml and packages/keymaster most likely unless you changed the directory when setting it up in the ui.

Here’s the post I used as a reference to create my own lovelace page and codes where each code has a pop-up to input the pins, etc. I also have 3 locks, so it kinda gives me an overview and access to each.

Thanks for the pointer. There are a couple in there but not the others that make up the majority of the ones I’m trying to get rid of. I installed through HACS and didn’t change any paths. The integration’s been removed from both Configuration -> Integrations and HACS. I also deleted each lock before I removed the integration.

Found them in the core.restore_state file in .storage.

Edit: Unfortunately removing them there didn’t remove them from Helpers. The search continues!