KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Are you adding a brand new integration for each lock? Make sure you’re not overwriting the existing settings.

1 Like

You need to create a separate integration for each lock.

Did you install using HACS? I ask because you don’t need to “create directories”. If you haven’t, delete what you’ve done so far and start over. Read the FAQ to get started.

1 Like

That’s the answer. New Integration for each lock. Thanks.

Apologies if this has been questioned/raised already, but is there any indication on having a release path to possibly include Zigbee? Or is that out of scope for this Project?

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what it was. Don’t think I’ve configured anything quite like that before so thought didn’t cross my mind.

I ended up figuring it out by trial/error as well back when the project was still lock manager. Hehe.

Yeah now that we can manage zigbee locks and codes with commands hoping this would get added as well :smiley:

Not unless a zigbee integration exists that can set/clear/read codes from locks and a developer with a zigbee lock steps up to the plate. @firstof9, @raman325, and myself would be more than happy to work with them and get them started.

what integration is this that you can manage codes with commands?

edit: nm I see ZHA supports it.

Apologies, I thought it was part of the official integration now?

Unfortunately, I am no developer :’( Will be keeping a keen eye on your work though in the hope someone steps up :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I’d be very happy to help you test child locks.

Child locks are coming. We’ve hashed out the concept and are starting to divvy up the work. The basic premise is that you create a KeyMaster integration like you normally do and that can be set as the parent in a second integration that is designated as a child. The child integration will mirror the parent, such that any change in the parent will be propagated to the child.

1 Like

That really sounds like the best way. Having to create a config file seems a little wonky when everything else can be done on the configuration screen

I wonder if you guys can help me,

Yesterday on my front door lock (Schlage BE469ZP) all of a sudden none of the codes would operate the lock, the red X in the bottom corner just flashed at every key press. I only put new batteries in this past Feb and according to HA they were at 91%. I tried a new set of batteries and everything seemed ok, the codes worked but I soon realized the lock had dropped off the network and is being reported as a dead node. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to bring the lock back to life and have it rejoin my Z-Wave network. I have had this lock nearly 1.5 years and had zero issues with it. I have never had to bring a dead node back to life and do not want to do something that would create further problems. I did try healing the device but this didn’t work. I can see in the lockmaster panel it is connected and if I turn a code off it shoes as disconnected but the code is not disabled as the lock is offline.

Thanks in advance

Try excluding and including the lock again.

Thank you I will give that a go,

Do I need to press the pairing button on the lock before starting the inclusion process in Home Assistant?

Start inclusion, then pair.

Thank you,

Do I select the node in the configure Zwave section and then “remove failed node” or just the regular remove node?

And do I need to perform an exclusion on the lock itself or just the Home Assistant steps.

Thanks again for the help

Just start exclusion, then go thru the steps on your lock. Then start inclusion, same thing. Then wait for it to interview.