[solved] KNX Cover - State updater not working (lights & switch do though)

Dear community
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the state update of knx covers? I use the configuration as in the example:

cover:

• platform: knx
    name: “Storen Essen”
    move_long_address: ‘0/1/123’
    move_short_address: ‘0/1/124’
    position_address: ‘0/1/125’
    position_state_address: ‘0/1/126’
    travelling_time_down: 54
    travelling_time_up: 54

There is no error in the log, I tried to set state_updater to true also without any luck. KNX lights and KNX switch is updating the state, just not knx cover. When I open/close the knx cover, the position of the slider moves (is this based on the open/close duration? knx is updating the state of the cover every 10% of the movement…)

Anyone having a flawless use of knx covers?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Anyone? HA keeps the state until next restart, but if the cover gets moved outside of HA or HA is restarted, the cover state is fix set to up (i think) and sometimes the arrows needed to move the cover just appears after “fake” moving the blinds to the destination they are already…

Any idea? state update from KNX is working flawless for the lights…

Best regards
Dave

Bump… Isn’t anyone using KNX covers?

Hi! Don’t know if you solved the problem. I´m facing the same issues currently. I realized that after a restart the state is correct. I have only one cover which works flawlessly. The state is shown correct no matter if I use the wall switch or the app. Every other cover is configured exactly like this one.

Actually not… but I am happy that someone is having the same problem!

What knx actor are you using? I got GRIESSER MSX-6 and MSX-9 and it is pretty annoying that the positions aren’t correct so often…

Is there anyone out there where the knx cover positions are working flawlessly?

One more information: When I restart HA, the positions are shown correct as well… when i close a cover, the slider shows the moving position also… (could be from travel time setting though)

Hi Dave,

The problem is solved on my side. It occurs that there was an error made by the Integrator in the ETS. I don’t know what in detail but it seems no telegrams were send to the State GA.

Maybe you can check this on your ETS as well

Dear Flo

Great to hear… But sadly I am still struggling. What aktors are you using?

What DPT is your position_state_address using? I am using Griesser products and the DPT for the position state is using 5.001 (percents).

Same here. DPT 5.001. im using the MDT actors. It seems that he did a copy and paste error.

I solved the problem as well by try & error changing the settings of the KNX actor. Finally the states are held correctly… (i did update HA too, perhaps there was any fix as well? didn’t search in details…)

Thanks anyway for your help.
Dave

Thats Great! I think to help others it would be nice of you could point out what the mistake was and what you changed.

In the meantime I know mine: The GA´s where simply wrong.

Hello,
Did you check if the flag R is enable in the status of the actuator?
When the HA ask for the status, if the flag R is not enable, the actuator does not send the status.

Actually I don’t know what exactly was wrong… I ended up playing arround with the settings as long as it seemed to work correctly… (ETS5 / Actor settings)

Where is that flag R Joca? inside the KNX configuration? i think this might be different for every brand?

best regards
Dave

Flags is part of config of knx devices. You can change it with ETS. Is the same to all brands. By default, the R (read) flags is not enable in the status object.

I had a similar issue but I think the docu is not up 2 date. I’m using xnkx.yaml and I needed to change _feedback to _state to get it working in hass.

I’m not using xnkx.yaml
In my covers.yaml i have:

- platform: knx
   name: Sala_Estar_BO
   move_long_address: '1/4/1'
   move_short_address: '1/4/0'
   position_address: '4/4/0'
   position_state_address: '4/4/1'
   travelling_time_down: 51
   travelling_time_up: 61

Indeed Joca, you won’t have this issue. I thought because it was related to this topic that I added it here.

Hello!
Can you please confirm that this is correct ? I have an MDT aktor.

I have no feedback status from the cover :frowning: in HA

by configuring

position_state_address: ‘1/0/8’

Thank you!

Do you get a feedback in ETS?

Yes…cover is at 26%

ETS reports:

HA:

This is weird. I assume you get others states posted in Ha?

Can you post your Entire cover configuration?