Konnected not working after 0.106.0 update

Ok I’m about to try 106.0 again, will I remove all Konnected info from config.yaml and just go to integrations and add it like that? How will it know all my sensors name etc?

1 Like

No leave everything in yaml, just run the integrations part too (they work side by side for now).

1 Like

The integrations part has all the zones and such, but if you make any kind of custom buzzer sounds and such, you can’t get that through the integrations yet.

1 Like

I can’t get them to work side by side. How do I get the integrations to read the configuration.yaml section?

Everything in the integration shows unavailable

1 Like

When you setup the integration it should ask you for IP and port, and then pull down the rest.

Ok so don’t click the round + sign but click these guys in the integrations page.

All good now, thanks guys

1 Like

This is Nate from Konnected. Sorry for the confusion here! I just saw this thread.

We did release a major upgrade to the integration in 0.106, and for users upgrading it does require you to click through to accept the config flow entry. Upgrading should be simple for most people who already have a konnected section in their configuration.yaml. After upgrading to 0.106, one or more Konnected.io entries should show up in the discovered integrations section. Click configure on each to import the configuration into the new config flow and you should be good to go (you do not need to select an Area for the device, it’s ok to leave blank).

If discovery is disabled on your devices or your network, you may be prompted to enter the host and port for the device. For most people, this should be automatically discovered.

The old configuration.yaml entry for Konnected is not used anymore starting with HA 0.106. After upgrading and configuring the device via the new config flow, you can safely delete the konnected: section of configuration.yaml, and also remove discovery: if you had added it previously.

After importing your configuration using the new config flow, changes to zones/entities can be made via the UI by going to Configuration -> Integrations -> Konnected.io -> configure icon in the top right.

There does seem to be an issue in 0.106 with multiple entities on the same zone (i.e. different buzzer/beep patterns) that we are looking into how to address. If this affects you, I recommend you stay on 0.105 for now.

2 Likes

Nate, if you remove the yaml, how do you configure things like this?

" name: ‘Alarm Disarm Chirp’
momentary: 65
pause: 55
repeat: 4
- zone: 5
name: ‘Alarm Armed Chirp’
momentary: 500
pause: 500
repeat: 4
- zone: 5
name: ‘Warning Chirp’
momentary: 1000
pause: 500
repeat: -1
"

As I mentioned:

There does seem to be an issue in 0.106 with multiple entities on the same zone (i.e. different buzzer/beep patterns) that we are looking into how to address. If this affects you, I recommend you stay on 0.105 for now.

I recommend you stay on 0.105 for now until we can implement a fix for this.

Ah ok, well I’m gonna stick with 106 and using the hybrid of yaml and integration as it seems to work just fine that way. Thanks for such an amazing product!

Nate, my entities show up in the discovered integrations and I’ve gone through the configurations, but it’s not importing the config.

Is there another step I need to import?

I have the discovery and konnected sections still in the configuration.yaml

After going thorough the config flow, if you click on the gear/configure icon on the Konnected.io integration page, you should see your zones imported there. What do you see there?

The configure I/o screen that lists the 6 zones and out. All show disabled.

The text on top shows the correct IP’s for each of the three boards

It does seem like your configuration.yaml entry is not getting imported. This should happen automatically as long as the MAC addresses match. Anything weird going on with your network that could be causing the MAC addresses to change? Sometimes some wifi-extenders can do this.

Where do I see the mac in the integrations tab?

Looking at the router the mac matches what the ip is.

Your mac address is the id cc:50:…

I should have been clearer. Where in the integrations panel is the mac listed you compare to the configuration.yaml photo I posted

@GaJeep94YJ Are you seeing any errors in your logs? It’s possible something in the configuration.yaml isn’t passing the updated schema validation.

If you’d like you can DM me your configuration.yaml content for Konnected (sensitive info wiped) and I’ll check if I can reproduce what you’re seeing.

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.config
First occured: 8:45:14 AM (1 occurences)
Last logged: 8:45:14 AM

Invalid config for [konnected]: some but not all values in the same group of inclusion ‘host_info’ @ data[‘konnected’][‘devices’][2][<host_info>]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 47). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/konnected

This is all I see in the logs. It shows up each reboot.

I’m on my phone using the app and file editor and I can’t get it to copy other wise I’d already have posted the yaml