Kuna Surveillance Camera Support

I hope we can still update outside of HACS?

Iā€™ll debug this and post a fix as soon as I can.

As for updating outside of HACS, it will be a bit more convoluted. Youā€™ll need to clone the repo/download the release and then move the kuna directory to overwrite the kuna directory in custom_components.

3 Likes

@marthocoo. The same as we did previously. Thanks.

@marthocoo. How is this coming along? I see no new items in https://github.com/marthoc/kuna. Not bugging, just wondering if I am perhaps missing something because I donā€™t use HACS.

1 Like

I, too am having the ā€œcoroutineā€ byte type error.
If I downgrade, will it work with HA1.10?

I think it broke at 109.6

I donā€™t really know what Iā€™m talking about, but Iā€™m noting thereā€™s been a few changes to the components/camera/init.py file that correlate to the error message. https://github.com/home-assistant/core/commits/dev/homeassistant/components/camera/init.py

I just had to rebuild my HA setup and now for some reason Iā€™m not getting Kuna video and my light switch says itā€™s always on. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.

There is an open issue related to that. I also am waiting a fix.

Does anyone know if the HACS version is working?

Itā€™s not. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been using.

If one lists the Kuna cameraā€™s url under camera in the co fig file, does this work?
The motion detection currently works, and I believe the light, too, with this add on. Just not the image. Hope @marthocoo is able to find time to repair this. I know weā€™re all busy in this upside down world of ours.

1 Like

My light looks like it works, but does not actually control the light.

So no oneā€™s cameras are working right?
I have the switch but still not streaming.

Iā€™ve been messing around with this. The API seems to work. Has anyone got anywhere with the websocket? wss://server.kunasystems.com/ws/rtsp/proxy?authtoken=authtokengoeshere @HITChris did you ever figure this out?

I can connect to it, but donā€™t receive any data. Can you send configuration changes to it? or register for status updates?

Thanks.

Sorry all for being MIA on this. Iā€™ve just pushed version 9 to GitHub which should solve the camera image problems. Iā€™m still trying to track down why the switch doesnā€™t seem to reflect the correct light state for some users. You can now update via HACS or manually. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Updated, and camera is back up and running. Thanks!

Thanks again, everything works as it used to except a toggle I use in HA. It follows the state of the light, but does not control it now. Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, same issue here as well. Switch status is correct, it reflects light status on/off but canā€™t manually change it in HA