kWh readings from Aqara smart plug are wrong

I’m running Home assistant OS 6.6 on Rpi3b+, core-2022.11.5, supervisor-2021.12.1. Using Conbee 2/deconz as zigbee gateway. Using “default” energy management in HA, no utility meter integration or some other extravaganza.

I recently added two Aqara smart
plugs (lumi.plug.maeu01) in Deconz, the goal was to measure power and consumption from dishwasher and laundry machine.

I have two of the same plugs integrated in the same way since before, been working great for several months and still do.

The problem is that these new plugs don’t seem to measure kWh as intended, it kinda looks like they are reading W (power) instead. Also I noticed that the problem plug adds two power entities and no temperature entity. The plugs that work as intended adds one power and one temperature entity.

Since the plugs measure kWh in a “spiky way”, the consumption is waaay off and not usable.

I’ve tried removing the plugs completely from Phoscon, then removed orphaned devices from developer tools, rebooted host and then adding the plugs again in deconz/HA. No change.

Also tried waiting over a day to see if energy statistics corrects, but no change.

Other thing is that I noticed that the firmware of the functional plugs can be seen in HA,but not for the “broken” ones.

I would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Please see some pictures below.

I really don’t know if this issue lies in HA, hardware or Deconz.

This plug (old one) is working as intended:

This is the one I have the issue with (tried two different ones with the same results)

1 Like

Hmm, strange (to me), the plugs that are not functioning as expected, just “updated” themselves with temperature, and firmware info. Might be a device defresh I did from deconz, I don’t know… Still has the “extra” power entity.

Also seems like a strange default device name, “Consumption 123”…

Problem with kWh reading persists.

Seems like a bit hefty consumption for one dishwasher cycle…

1 Like

I’m still having this problem. Anyone else experienced it?

I have this problem also. Has been working for a long time. But after some upgrade it is showing the same consumption pattern as your screenshot.
Some days it report using over 5-7Kw/h and some -5Kw/h. But in real life they are using under 0,5Kw per day (outside lights).

1 Like

So frustrating! What did you upgrade to “make it” stop working?

I’m still struggling with this, they keep giving ridiculous results. Sometimes they can even give negative results in kWh. If only this could be true, my electricity bill would be really nice.

I don’t know where to look, what to try or if it even could be possible to make them work as intended. Any help would be appreciated!

Just bought four of them, tonight. Hope you solve it — so I can follow your advice… :wink:

I will try too, when they are delivered, but guess you guys have done more HA and Aqara stuff than me, and I will run into the same issues.

Could it be something about the need of some plug-in/integration for integral summarizing I read about in some other thread?

Currently way out of my knowledge, but have to try, need to keep track of the dishwasher, washing machine and tumbler at least.

A few days ago My Aqara smart plug started to have simular problems, after the OS (core) update.
Powerdraw is about 10x higher then the actual power draw.
Also there was a deconz update.

I have no idee which one caused it. Currently i am on:
Firmware: 09-10-2019 for the plug.
Home Assistant 2022.9.6
Supervisor 2022.09.1
Operating System 9.0
Frontend 20220907.2 - latest
Deconz Current version: 6.16.0

3 Likes

I have the same issue. It was after updating to Deconz 6.16.0.
Reverting back to 6.15.0 solves the problem.

More info here:

I just started having the off by a factor of 10 issue after updating to the November release of HA. Using zha haven’t touched the firmware. The release notes had some references to units of energy…

I think I have the correct measurements, but updated DeCONZ and HA before adding the entity. So, maybe it’s the best advice, update to latest and remove/re-add?

I had the same issues. Found some solution but don’t know if it will work for you. I am using ZHA with a Sonoff controller. If I go into the device and hit the 3 dots, select manage zigbee device, code the electrical measurement cluster, in attributes select ac power divisor and hit read. It should be at 10. Then it should make everything for the active power work.

2 Likes

Thanks! That worked for me. Hope it stays “fixed”.

How can I fix this issue in Z2M? I was previously running ZHA and can verify that the above fix did work, but I don’t see a good way to do this in Z2M.