Kwikset 910 Move from SmartThings

I am slowly (been working on it for like 2 years now lol) to get off of SmartThings and get everything over to HA. It seems that with SmartThings changing their platform it lead to the minimote in my son’s room to stop working. That was among the last hold out. I looked over ST and it seems the only thing still on it is my front door lock. Its a Kwikset 910 motorized deadbolt. I figured I would move it over today to finally be done with ST but when I opened the ST app to get the codes that I have programmed for friends and family I couldn’t find the codes anywhere. It seems that ST has removed the smart app I was using to manage the codes.

My question, is there any way to import the codes stored in the lock to HA when I move it over? Anything I should consider before I exclude it from ST and move it to HA? Finally, in ST I needed a smart app to manage the codes, is there any integration/addon that HA needs to manage codes?

I’m not 100% certain, but I vaguely recall that the codes don’t get deleted when the lock is excluded from a network. When the the lock is included they codes should still be in the lock. It’s possible to get them out by taking a zwave dump and looking through the data.

Keymaster will be able to manage your lock for you, but I’ve found that it won’t tell you what the code is if one is already programmed to a code slot and has issues taking over the slot unless you force it to clear it first.

I have two of these locks and when I moved the lock over from Smartthings the codes were there for one lock, but reset on another. Not sure what I did different (they are a pain to include), and its possible I performed a factory reset on the lock that lost the codes, but there’s no guarantee unfortunately that the stored codes will come over.

For zwave, I would recommend using zwavejsui (formally zwavejs2mqtt), as it gives you a control panel with more configuration options over the zwavejs option. If using zwavejsui, going into the control panel, and clicking “refresh” under the user codes for your lock, should read and populate all the user codes from the lock into its control panel.

Keymaster is a bit of a pain to setup, but is your best bet for zwave lock management in Home Assistant. I have found though that you will need to clear all the codes from the lock before keymaster works properly. Prior to setting up keymaster, I would write all the codes down somewhere if you are able to pull them out of the zwavejsUI interface.

Thanks for the replies. I did find a way to restore the lock management in ST and can now see a list of users, but I forgot that I cannot see the actual codes. Worse most of the users are just listed as User #. I think thats because I must have changed the lock management or re-paired the lock and it lost the user associations and just knows there are codes programmed. Honestly it probably better that I start fresh. There are a few people that I know have codes so ill just set them up again.

‘A bit of a pain’ sums up my experience with my two Kwikset smart locks since day one (several years ago).
I’ve never had great reliability or good response times with them.

Thanks for the replies. When I excluded the lock from ST I was easily able to include it into HA (even being ~15ft away through a floor). Once I included it, I was able to interview the device and get the codes programmed into it. I started setting up Keymaster but it is pretty involved and I haven’t gotten through all the steps. That I will work on eventually, but really no one uses the front door anyways.