Kwikset Halo 939

I have a Kwikset Halo 939 door lock that I’m trying to figure out how to add to HA. It’s Wifi, not Zigbee/Z-Wave. It works with Alexa and Google Assistant so I’m assuming there should be a way to get it added.
Has anybody successfully done this or know of a way to do it?

2 Likes

hi

I’m new to smart home. I want to know if any update on this topic

Ron, I don’t see an integration yet. Maybe I or someone can work on one as I am looking at the same lock. How is it working so far?

I just replaced a Z wave model with this one due to the 916s touch screen failing. Thanks to Costco’s return policy! Would have thought this would have an integration.

I also bought one of these recently, I have been unable to find the API, I don’t know if kwikset has release it yet.

Definitely a good lock, I also have the halo touch (fingerprint), and works well. Would love to get this into HA. Has anyone worked on trying to access their APIs?

Plus one for Halo Touch.

So I found this, have not yet tried it but if anyone does end up trying it, I’d love to hear how it works

1 Like

Seems to work well.

Unlock/Lock and battery and firmware are available for Halo devices.

It doesn’t seem to be on HACS anymore

You may need to manually install it in HACS instead of it being listed in the integrations.

I don’t have one of these locks, but came across this post while looking for an integration supporting them.

1 Like

I’ve been using this integration for a while. It works pretty good and allows a lot of control and flexibility over the app. Only issue I’m facing is the API token expires and the integration no longer works. All I have to do is delete and re-add, but this doesn’t help with a failed automation when you are expecting it. Hopefully I can work with the developer to at least get an alert that a failure occurred rather than my automation not working. If anybody else is using this integration and if you don’t experience the “Refresh Token has been revoked” failure, can you tell me if you have 2FA/MFA enabled on your account for Kwikset. Right now it seems like the token expires every week. Wonder if it’s associated with 2FA/MFA being enabled.

Hi, all:

I’ve recently installed a Halo Keypad lock and am trying to integrate it with my system.

Have installed the explosivo22/kwikset-ha repository via HACS and all is smooth up till the point of adding the integration.

Upon clicking the +Add Integration button, a window pops up asking for email and password, and, entering my Kwikset account email and password, I next see a window asking me to choose email or phone verification code. Either choice results in a message stating Unknown Error.

I do not have two-factor auth enabled in my Kwikset account.

After a recent attempt at config the log file ends with these lines:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiokwikset/aws_kwikset.py", line 259, in authenticate_user

if custom_challenge['ChallengeName'] == self.CUSTOM_VERIFIER_CHALLENGE:

KeyError: 'ChallengeName'

Can anyone tell me if my Kwikset email and pwd are the correct items to use in this process?

If not, what then?

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanx,

T.

I have a Kwikset Halo - not sure if it’s a 939. But it was super easy to integrate in HA using the github custom repository from HACS.

1 Like