Kwikset Zigbee Deadbolt

I currently have a Kwikset 99160-009 SmartCode ZigBee Touchscreen Smart Lock running with Smartthings and it’s awesome! I would like to migration to Home Assistant though, but I’m stuck as Zigbee locks don’t seem to be supported :frowning: If this isn’t true can someone point me in the right direction?

Note:

1. Please don’t suggest I get ZWave, as it is the wrong frequency for Australia
  2. I know there are probably different brands, but this is what I have and it looks great with my house (Venetian Bronze) and works well with ST.
  3. I tried a Kwikset Kevo and it was terrible. Not because of the Kwikset hardware, but the software from Kevo is unusable, at least on Android.

Bump

This is the only thing (I think) stopping me from my planned migration from Smartthings to Home Assistant. Surely someone has looked at Zigbee lock integration? It works perfectly with ST.

There is the ZWave lock component which I assume works, so it should be very similar.

Am I missing something obvious here? Are the Zigbee model supported by the ZWave component? Or are Zigbee devices not supported at all? Any help appreciated.

Sorry I have the Zwave version of the lock. Maybe you can try to see if someone listed it here:

is this still the case? kwikset Zigbee locks are not supported?

I seemed to have setup in smartthings a bunch of stuff that just isn’t ready to work on home assistant. it’s torture! :slight_smile:

Basic support for ZHA locks has been merged and will be in the next release. I tested it with Yale YRD-210 and it is working.

A long time ago, I had a Kwikset and I came to the conclusion it had a firmware bug that would keep it from reporting lock state correctly. Maybe that has been fixed now.

2 Likes

Which release should have this? I don’t see mention of it in any of the 0.94.x release notes that have happened since this post.

I am running 0.95 beta and it is in there.

Replying to my own old thread…

I’m just doing my migration from Smartthings to HA with Zigbee2MQTT. Looks like these devices are now supported! Unfortunately doesn’t look like it supports all the features on Smartthings. For example there I can set codes, which is handy for when we have visitors etc and want to give them their own codes etc. Also with Smarthings if you pay for a library you can do advanced things like schedule codes to work at certain times.

Are there any options here? Is this possible but just not added as yet? Or is there some limitation with the feature support?

This is going to be the only reason I can’t turn off my Smartthings hub for now…

I’m now using Zigbee2mqtt as well. All those features are certainly possible, but someone needs to write the software. For scheduling codes to work at certain times, it might need an automation or Appdaemon for that.