Latest on Google Home integration?

Afternoon all,

Got Hass.io set up with my Broadlink RM Pro, LG TV and LG Soundbar.
Also have a number of switches etc going through Hass.

So, that all works fine.

Now, ultimate goal is to have all those Hass.io integrations available via voice through my Google Home Mini’s.

NB - I’m not talking about having Google Assistant installed on Hass.

Last I read, the HABridge Hue integration no longer works with gHome.

Also - Broadlinks own Intelligent Home Center (IHC - replacement OEM app), supports Alexa (apparently) - but not GA yet - so maybe there’s hope there.

I also see Google’s own Activities API looks hopeful…

Really after a quick “state of play” - whats the latest on Hass / Google Home integration?

1 Like

Thanks - looks straight forward, if long! :wink:

Before I start implimenting that - can I just confirm…

This is to allow switch and entities set up in Hass to be controlled with Google Home, rather than adding Google Home functionality to Hass - like the MagPi magazine that came with the Google Home kit?

My goal:

I have two Google Home Minis.
I have a number of switches, sensors and the Broadlink RM set up in Hass.io.

I’d like to be able to say “OK Google, change the Tivo to Channel 101” to the Google Home Mini, have this activate the switch in Hass, then output the instruction to the RM to send the IR control to the Tivo.

I already have the RM and other switches installed, configured and working via the local Hass.io UI…

OK - looks like it’ll do exactly what I want - thx! :slight_smile:

Got all the way through, went to add it to Home Control in Google Assistant, sw my “[test]Whatever” service, went to add - then it “404’d” (not - but you know what I mean…

I noticed I’d left the tld off my domain, so I went back to “Account Linking” in Actions project, and updated to include that (.org).

Gets the correct domain now - but says it “cant be contacted as refused to connect”.

I take it that’s nothing to do with the API password I added to Hass?

Also, have forwarded both port 80 and 8123 to the IP of my Hass host.

So near, yet so far! :wink: :frowning:

FWIW, I have both the DuckDNS and the SSL set up (both through the DuckDNS component) in and running fine…

K - seems you have to add the port # to the auth address.

Got another issue now, but have seen that on here somewhere :slight_smile:

I think all errors you may receive is already discussed in this thread. Read that and it will probably be ok.

Yep - got it sorted now thanks :slight_smile:

Hey, I just wanted to connect with you on this topic. I too have 2 Gminis and the Ghome main unit.

I was hoping that I could use them to interact with HA (I’m using HASS.IO).

I saw a video of how someone had Google Home setup to talk to a different voice on HA and HA would use each of the Google devices as media players and microphones, or something to that effect.

Google home inherently found some of my devices, but I would prefer to be controlling those devices through HA rather than Ghome. Right now, if Ghome turns on a WEMO switch, HA knows about it, but doesn’t actually interact with me with a custom voice, etc.

Did you succeed in your quest?

Guys, have you see this.
Now we can have locally controlled Google home without cloud services.
https://rithvikvibhu.github.io/GHLocalApi/

Umm that is not what you think it is, it is only certain api commands. Won’t let you issue voice commands locally.

@cy80rg I’ve lost my LG soundbar remote and I need to pair the subwoofer to the bar but I couldn’t find the IR code for the “long press mute button”. Could you be so kind and record it using your Broadlink RM PRO and send the code to me please?