Latest update with new error

If you have a global scope IPv6 address or loopback that needs to be excluded, this PR should fix it Exclude global scope IPv6 when setting up zeroconf interfaces by bdraco · Pull Request #54632 · home-assistant/core · G

I’ve added it to my dev zeroconf custom components which can be installed via:

mkdir -p /config/custom_components
cd /config/custom_components
git clone https://github.com/bdraco/zeroconf

…restart

@bdraco 2021.8.7 (which includes 0.35) fixes the issue for me.

Thank you.

Same here: No errors in the logs since update to HA 2021.8.7 :+1:t3:

I still have the issue on my FreeBSD jail and just yesterday upgraded to 2021.8.7
I get the following error:

2021-08-19 08:42:07 WARNING (MainThread) [zeroconf] Error with socket 18 (('fe80::f2de:f1ff:feb8:3d67', 5353,
0, 2))): [Errno 65] No route to host
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 1048, in sendto
    self._sock.sendto(data, addr)
OSError: [Errno 65] No route to host

I tried the git fork from @bdraco, but that lead to homeassistant not loading the zeroconf integration at all.

Any logs with the custom version?

Sure, forgott to post them.

2021-08-19 18:03:33 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration zeroconf which has not been tested by Home
Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-08-19 18:03:39 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package zeroconf==0.36.0: ERROR: Cannot install zeroconf==0.36.0 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.
ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/user_guide/#fixing-conflicting-dependencies
2021-08-19 18:03:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for zeroconf: Requirements for zeroconf not found: ['zeroconf==0.36.0'].
2021-08-19 18:03:40 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package zeroconf==0.36.0: ERROR: Cannot install zeroconf==0.36.0 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.
ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/user_guide/#fixing-conflicting-dependencies
2021-08-19 18:03:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for esphome: Requirements for zeroconf not found: ['zeroconf==0.36.0'].

That looks like you have a custom component that is requiring a lower version of zeroconf that is blocking the install

I have no other custom component installed and use homeassistant 2021.8.7
Is it maybe, that my hass version needs zeroconf v0.35?

There is some dependency that does.

You could install it manually in your environment with

pip3 install --force --upgrade zeroconf==0.36.0

Ahh, interesting…
I did that and now i do not get the error message anymore.
But now I am back to the start with the very exact error message as in my first post even with the custom component.

Is it possible that there is a problem with routing ipv6 in your FreeBSD jail? Can you reach other ipv6 addresses?

My error is similar but not identical to @dj-bauer 's and @rob1303

WARNING (MainThread) [zeroconf] Error with socket 27 (('192.168.1.29', 5353))):[Errno 101] Network unreachable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 1056, in sendto
    self._sock.sendto(data, addr)
OSError: [Errno 101] Network unreachable

I have default_config: in my config.yaml and seeing no other zeroconf errors showing in the logs.
supervisor-2021.09.6
core-2021.09.7
Supervised install.

I had thought it might be related to the intro of os-agent but that is just a guess.
Any clues?

Same here…

I no longer seem to be getting those error messages in the logs. May have been due to network health issues.

Had these too and they originally appeared to come from the HP Printer HACS integration for Home Assistant (as disabling it allowed me to start HA without zeroconf errors) but it since appears to have cleared itself, not really sure how or why…
I’ve as several update of the Eufy Security HACS integration since, so not sure if related.