Launched: Data Science Portal

Hey so I was trying to run through the Getting Started file, but when I press Run All Cells I get a FileNotFoundError. Is there something that I need to setup to point to my database? I’m just using the standard dB (though I might switch to Mariadb) and influxdb.

Is that on hass.io?

Yes it is. Installed via the addon

@kflinderman Whats the full error trace?

https://hastebin.com/anipohuxiq.sql

Now, finally looking at it I see at the bottom it doesn’t seem to be able to find '/config/structure/structure/theme.yaml' which is strange, because I don’t know where that’s called. My theme file is located in '/config/structure/theme.yaml' and the only place I call that is in my configuration.yaml file which has this: frontend: !include structure/theme.yaml

I’d like to try out that new addon.

I installed it as described in the docs.

When I click “Run alls cells” in the example file, I get those signs [*] and after a little while they turn to [] but nothing else happens (no diagrams)
No error in the addon log, no error in homeassistant.

What do I do wrong?

Any concrete example of how Big Data leads to new automations, that people have not thought about? This thread seems to be all about installation… Should we make a separate thread about ‘examples and benefits’, so people can make up their minds if they want to install?

2 Likes

@ros I agree a separate thread to discuss applications is appropriate, I believe there may a couple on the forums already. I recall one guy was doing some interesting analysis of his energy usage

2 Likes

I’m still not able to get results (something like a plot) out of jupyter lab.
As I understand there should be some output when I run the file “Getting startet” in the home assistant folder.

But after some time the * go away and nothing happens.

I’m getting the same results, which is to say no results. I am seeing the same behavior described above that the [*] are just replaced with empty brackets [ ] after seemingly indicating that it is running.

Unfortunately I did not find a solution in the meantime. Still interested though.

@hoobatoo can you provide more info on your problem?

HI,

I’m trying to set up access to the jypyterlab portal. I did the installation via hassio and did the configuration like this:

"github_access_token": "TOKENGITHUB",
  "ssl": false,
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem",
  "system_packages": [
    "ffmpeg"
  ],
  "init_commands": [
    "pip install virtualenv",
    "pip install yamllint"
  ]
}```

in my trust I put this

```panel_iframe:
  jupyterlab:
    title: JupyterLab
    url: https://TLD.FR:7777
    icon: mdi:flask````

and I have this answer

TLD.FR sent an invalid response.

even if I get the 127.0.0.1 or the real server ip.

I have of course my firewall redirect port 7777 to the internal ip of my server.

Do you have an idea how to open the web interface?

Was really hoping to find some juicy data science use cases to learn and try. Fancy stuff that’s not just data viz or data analysis. I can’t really see much here. If anyone knows of some please point me to them. Cheers.