LCD Button Remote (like Streamdeck but remote)

I’m looking for a remote to trigger various scenes that has high Partner Acceptance Factor.

One thought I had was to do something like a DIY Streamdeck (LCD Buttons) connected to an ESP of some kind that could update what’s on the LCDs with current state, etc… But I’m not even sure where to get started with finding hardware for something like that.

Any thoughts? Is there other remote trigger / button(s) out there that could work like that?

That is going to need a car battery to get some battery time :-p
E-ink, deep sleep and buttons for “navigation” is probably more realistic.

It can be plugged in (since it’s going to sit on a coffee table).

One thing I was thinking about was using an actual StreamDeck connected to a Raspberry Pi. I have a spare ‘mini’ that I could use for this purpose.

In that case.
Nextion displays are fairly decent priced.
But it more or less requires a 3d printer or other ways to create a case.

Oh those displays are interesting, how’s the ‘touch’ on them? Responsive?

Another option is:

I haven’t used it very much.
I only have one nextion display, which is the NS panel and it seems fine to me.

You can look at videos of the NS panel and you will see. But it wouldn’t be fair to say anything since I have not yet flashed my panel

Hello johnsturgeon!

Did you found any solution for your remote? I made a FreeTouchDeck (GitHub - DustinWatts/FreeTouchDeck: For interfacing with Windows/macOS/Linux using an ESP32, a touchscreen and BLE.), it is easy to make and you can flash it from the website.
Second solution is OpenHASP(openHASP), I made touchscreen for my lights and other sensor. I think OpenHASP would be the best solution for you!? If you first make the FreeTouchDeck and dont like it then you can flash that to OpenHASP panel from their homepage.

Here is my solution to this, i use a loupdesk device to control home assistant