LEDVANCE integration - this is how to do it as per 08/22

GUI Setup NOW works great with - Ledvance Cloud Integration! (multiple Devices) :smiley:

**NO NEED of Python to grab and local-keys!! **

I’ve Tested with Bulb and Led!
I’v Used This REPO: GitHub - avataar/localtuya at oem-cloud-ledvance

2 Likes

Did the auto-discovery work for you or did you had to add the lamp manually?

I’m trying to connect to the Tuya Iot with Ledvance but I can’t find the 2D code reader in the app.
Should it be done with Smart Life app? In the Smart Life app i’m not able to connect the Ledvance wifi plug. So I’m missing the whole User ID also.

I’m very new to the whole HA so let me know if i’m missing something.

How do you solve the missing Crypto? pip install Crypto seems not help

Did you get a solution?
This method isn’t working with the Ledvance Smart+ app, since you cannot scan the QR code in the developer account to link it and get the local keys.

EDIT:
I got it to work. My error was the installation.
Copy/paste Github link into custom repositories of HACS doesn’t work.
Somehow HACS installs the other version (not the forked one).
So, download the folder of the fork and add it manually (using VSCode or similar) to the custom_repositories folder. Then restart HA.

Hi, how did you do it without local-keys?

Could you please explain it step-by-step?

EDIT:
Got it resolved.
See my edit in the other comment.

Update for March 2024:

I bought yesterday LEDVANCE SMART+ WiFi Tube T8 and spent several hours trying to connect it to Home Assistant. Steps 1-5 were trivial.

The challenge met me at the step 6. local-tuya was not able to discover the lights. And if I tried to add it manually, I got: " Connection to device succeeded but no datapoints found, please try again."

The reason is that local-tuya does not support the protocol 3.5 which is the only protocol which my latest and greatest LEDVANCE tube understands.

Solution: use tuya-local instead of local-tuya.

tuya-local: https://github.com/make-all/tuya-local

To debug issues with LEDVANCE appliances you can use: https://github.com/jasonacox/tinytuya This is a python library which implements all the tuya APIs and has example scripts. It simplified a lot debugging of the problem for me.

Correct device type for LEDVANCE T8 tubes in tuya-local seems to be rgbcw_lightbulb

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing to tuya-local.
I was able to get my ledvance ceiling fan to work.
I had to create my own device profile to enable the fan but overall the process was quite smooth - except for the fact that I still have the old light switch enabled and one of my kids cut the power while I was trying to set it up. Next on my list is a suitable 2 way switch now …

Thank you for this great guide.

I have also been looking for months to get my T8 tube working without using SmartThings, and this finally works.

Thank you so much.