Let's start talking about the new Z-wave JS integration

any reason why you would start on 1 instance now, and separate later? I mean, if making the transition to the new JS implementation, why not do it in the foreseen way at once?

Mainly because I really like the low maintenance approach of HA with regard to running the ZJS server as an add-on and thought it might be easier for first steps as I am not much of a Linux / Docker guru (meaning: I basically have no clue… :slight_smile:). I guess I could use the HA image on the RasPi, use the ZJS add-on and then connect from a different HA install?

Well, I just buy a Z-Stick and do some testing… :slight_smile:

My Kwikset 910 is not updating after a one-time state change.
I guess I’ll have to continue running HomeSeer (and a separate Z-Wave network) for my two Z-Wave locks… :pensive:

Thank you, this was the solution!

This works:

- alias: livingroom_tv_scene_activation_triple_click
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave_js_event
    event_data:
      node_id: 2
      property_name: sceneId
      value: 25

I was able to integrate my Fibaro Roller Shutter 3’s but open and close are not working. I can set a specific position without problems. What abour yours?

Same problem here, there is no cover function… yet. I switched back to the old Zwave deprecated system… :weary:

same here…

Possible to fix this?

I have migrated successfully from OZW but my Yale lock no longer has alarmType and alarmLevel, I use to determine which user has unlocked the door.

This is in zwave js log when an event happens it is the user code, any idea if this will be added back or any other way to capture it ? I’ve tried the event listener zwave_js_event

14:22:31.934 CNTRLR « [Node 074] received unsupported notification {
                          "nodeId": 74,
                          "ccId": "Notification",
                          "ccCommand": "0x05",
                          "alarmType": 144,
                          "alarmLevel": 3
                      }

Seems the Conexis L1 is on the import list so I’ll just have to wait:

I switched to the new integration yesterday (from OZW) and did not encounter and unexpected issues. I have dimmers, contact sensors, thermostat, and a kwikset lock. All worked as expected. I took a snapshot before doing anything. It’s a great integration and I look forward to future updates!

I knew going into the change that setting config parameters was not supported yet (like changing the color of Inovelli LED status bars). So this was just a temporary change to play with the new integration. I took a snapshot again after playing with the new integration for a day. Then I reloaded the snapshot with the old integration (OZW) and everything worked as it had before the change.

Overall ZwaveJS is awesome for being version 1, and I’ll switch my main HA location to it full time as soon as setting config parameters through automations is added. I have three other locations with Home Assistant and will be moving some of them to ZwaveJS for further testing since they only have a few, non-critical, zwave devices.

1 Like

Does anyone know where the naming convention is decided in the zwave js server?

My node shows up in HA via mqtt using the json values set in the homeassistant portion of the node config.

But for the WS portion the entity has a very “unhelpful” name:

ex1

and here is the node info in zwavejs control panel:

I would have thought that the name would be at least linked somehow to the node info in the UI but it doesn’t seem to have any correlation.

I just want to thank Daniel Lando (the developer) of this new integration and all the additional develpers/testers involved in adding this to Home Assistant in record time.

I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel, as this first release of the zwavejs integration/addon is already way better than the previous lacking two other zwave integration attempts.

With this new integration I can finally have a working center of the house remote zwave interface, which is published via Ser2Net, communicating correctly with Home Assistant, by using “tcp://remote interface ip:remote interface port” as the path for the “USB” adapter when first installing the zwavejz addon. FINALLY!!!

Good work you all !

That device isn’t in the config database yet. I created one for that same company’s indoor plug yesterday that got merged into the master. Looks like they are working on a massive import from ZWave alliance that should have that device in there.

When you say massive import, does that include devices that aren’t working properly as well, such as Yale YRD220 locks? Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

I was thinking that ZWAVE JS and ZWAVE JS To MQTT could be installed together for having the great interface of ZWAVE JS To MQTT.
But if i do that, my usb key cannot be share between the two containers.

So, i understand that i’m not understanding anything ? :smiley:

Yes, looks like there is an open pull request for the Yale YRM276 now. So other models should work their way in there.

1 Like

Yeah, I realize that the device isn’t in the DB yet (I offered to add it a couple of weeks back but was told to wait) but the question was more about the naming convention and what it was based on.

I named the node in the UI but for some reason it didn’t get transferred to HA.

yeah I had that today too, on a brand new device of which I already had setup several (Sensative Strips Guard). So deleted again, after which the second include went successful. And came up with several more sensors;-)

Apparently the type of sensors was alright, only the name and brand etc had not come across correctly. As said, it did on second try.

I was under the impression that that is why the name in HA is “None: Current Value”. There is no product type mapped to that product code. So the default if there is no mapping is “Current Value” Also expand the node in the CP, the binary switch is name Current Value

What makes you think that is the default berhavior? is that listed somewherre or just an assumption?

Not trying to be snarky. I’d just really like to know what to expect and if it’s possible to change it. If not I find it strange since we can do that for MQTT discovery already in th zwavejs UI.

I guess it’s not really a big deal since I can (and likely will need to) change the entity info in HA anyway. Just curious I guess.

No worries, not getting offended. Only reason i think it is the default behavior is that is what all of my devices were labeled as if they were not in the current build’s configs.

1 Like

No, only one can be active at any time. Look at: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js#can-i-switch-between-the-official-z-wave-js-add-on-and-z-wave-js-to-mqtt