Let's start talking about the new Z-wave JS integration

I’m watching this closely and will be doing some demos/videos when appropriate.

2 Likes

how long has this been there?

About 4 hours ago.

1 Like

Heck yes. I’m in as soon as it goes live.

I am running zwavejs2mqtt:dev container at the moment.

Is there any form of migration path that can reuse the existing entities created or is it start again (i don’t mind the answer, just want to be clear before i start moving over and testing).

If i start again i assume it is just a matter of removing the mqtt config from my configuration.yaml, deleting the devices/entities, turn of hass discovery in zwavejsmqtt and then install the new integration when available?

No migration is planned from zwave or ozw to zwavejs2mqtt

There’s a decent chance of a migration path from zwave and/or ozw to the new zwave_js component - that’s not the same as zwavejs2mqtt

thanks, i assume my ‘migration’ steps look roughly right?

Can we gather some ‘ideal’ settings? Here’s mine at the moment… They work pretty well but I’m not set on the naming yet.

Those settings are for MQTT. For the Z-Wave JS integration they would not be necessary.

If you would like to use zwavejs2mqtt as the server for the Z-Wave JS integration, you can turn on the WS Server in the settings (might only be in dev builds, if using docker be sure to publish the WS port). You can even turn off MQTT if you don’t need it. Since HA doesn’t yet have control panel capabilities, this works well in the meantime.

2 Likes

It must be. I just updated to the latest (non-dev) image and it’s not there.

It’s available since 1.0.0-rc.0.

apparently the latest Docker image only contains the “beta” version of that build?

ex2

If you’re referring to the latest docker tag, then maybe? There is a 1.0.0-rc.1 tag and dev tag, both should work.

You’ll still need to install the dev version of HA to use it.

yup.

I’m not sure what the “latest” docker image build cycle is but I don’t see the benefit right now to try to build my own image from the latest release in the repo.

It’s way too early to put that much effort into it right now.

You don’t have to build anything, just pull the dev or rc tags instead of latest.

I was just going by this:

from here

I went to the Docker Hub and didn’t see any other releases there and it redirected you back to the github repo above.

There are probably over a hundred builds on docker hub. It looks like there are builds for maybe every commit. As I said before, you can use the dev or 1.0.0-rc.1 tags.

The dev tag is the second one in the list. You can use the Filter to search for other tags.

1 Like

it’s definitely in the dev tag, i upgraded from :latest to :dev
here is my docker-compose

version: '3.7'
services:
  zwavejs2mqtt:
    container_name: zwavejs2mqtt
    image: zwavejs/zwavejs2mqtt:dev
    restart: always
    tty: true
    stop_signal: SIGINT
    networks: