Let's start talking about the new Z-wave JS integration

Was anyone able to get First Alert ZCOMBO Smoke/CO detectors working? They are a major PITA to get ZwaveJS (OZW too…) just to recognize them. I finally got them working, but only battery sensors are operational. There were some hidden alarm level and alarm type sensors necessary to determine if its a test, CO, and Smoke. I enabled them but they never show anything except “Unknown” for a state.

I had a heck of a time getting all my devices recognized (~50 devices, lots of miscellaneous devices, lots of battery powered devices), figuring out scenes for my switches and things like that. This was true when I migrated to OZW so its not ZwaveJS specific. I finally switched back though after I couldnt get the ZCOMBO devices to work. That was the deal breaker for now. I guess if I want to try again I can at least just restart the ZwaveJS container and start over on renaming my Hass entities, but shouldnt have to go through the hell of trying to get it to re-interview everything.

1 Like

I haven’t tried but I’ve got a couple of those too.

that’s why I’m waiting to fully switch - to find others experiences with these types of devices (or just in general).

Have you tried to actually do a test of the sensor to see if the “unknown” changes to something else when there is actual data to send?

How did you “enable” those other sensors?

There’s a bug fix for that, probably next patch.

Hi. Recently switched over to Z-wave JS. Most of my devices function as expected, but I’ve recently got a couple of these GoControl remote switches, WA00Z-1, and have been using them to dim and brighten non-Zwave bulbs, Tuya-based. Was working pretty good using the zwave.scene_activated event. However, I’ve been listening for zwave_js_event on the Dev Tools, and I don’t get any info when I click, double-click and release the buttons. Does anybody know if these devices are supported? If not, would it be difficult to get support for these? Thanks.

I could have just gotten lucky after the 6th or 7th attempt… but all my 13 devices(wink motion sensors, go control led bulbs and climate control, greenwave power strips, kwikset 912 locks) are working and reporting in like normal. Pulled the trigger and migrated over upon learning of the improved speeds and I can confirm z-wave JS is indeed faster. However, I had to scorch earth the zwave network and start anew because my locks wouldn’t show up initially. That meant factory resetting everything. Here’s a few takeaways:

• Back up your zwave network if you can- aeotech provides a tool for their stick, not sure if others do, helped restore things to a working state, while still being able to troubleshoot effectively.

• Be Patient: This is especially true with the secure nodes, it just takes much longer to handshake in context to anything unsecure.

• Added the secure nodes(locks: kwikset SmartCode 912) last- also restarted HA and the add-on, not sure why this ultimately helped my migration, maybe someone more familiar can provide additional insight, could have just been luck…

• Replaced old batteries- again not sure how much impact this had but if you’re already resetting stuff, I can’t imagine this can hurt.

1 Like

I did try a test. Doing a test alert on the monitor itself usually issues a specific alarm type and level. I tried a few times after restarts and things like that.

I enabled them by going into the ZwaveJS integration, finding that device, then there were a list of disabled entities. Just went into each one and selected enable. I had to do the same thing when I moved to OZW, except I got values.

Good to hear. Just wondering, new Home Assistant version or ZWaveJS version?

Fix is in HA.

that does bring up another question…

how tightly are the underlying server updates tied to the HA integration updates/functionality?

As an example specifically in this instance it sounds like the problem is in the HA side but if the problem is in the zwave js server side are the zwave js server folks keeping development moving forward based on feedback from HA users?

I (think) that the zwavejs2mqtt updates are (loosely?) tied to the underlying server updates but are the issues HA users are reporting getting relayed to the zwave js server developers and getting addressed or is that a separate track of development?

I’m not sure how to ask the question so I’m hoping you understand what I’m asking.

Along these lines, I have found the following references for supported devices and command classes:

Supported Commands:

Supported Devices:

Looks like some key things are missing for me, like thermostat fan state. What is less obvious, is the current state of support for my Honeywell T6 thermostat. I have found it in the latter page as TH6320ZW, but that list of parameters is waaaay smaller than what I have right now using the 1.4 integration.

If I wanted to hold off until all of the features I use are supported, would looking at the devices support page be adequate?

I assume for example, if thermostat fan mode is not supported, I should not expect to find it in any of the devices on the latter page, correct? OTOH, if fan mode gets added to the command classes, and I find it in my T6 listing, then it’s probably good to go… versus fan mode is added but I don’t find it in the T6 page, then I have to do some work to get it working (either code myself, or at least provide data to a capable dev). Is my concept of how to watch zwavejs developement wrt supported devices correct?

I have one, have a look over here… I did get my WA00Z-1 working.

Hi, thanks, I did finally get some events on the zwave_js_event queue coming through. Apparently, I had an instance of my old zwave network which was blocking the events. However, I’m still having an issue. I can get the “KeyPressed” event to work, but I’m trying to get the “KeyHeldDown” event to work since I’m using it in a dimming routine. The problem is, when I’m holding down the button, the “KeyHeldDown” event shows up, but then the “KeyReleased” event shows up right away, even though I have not let go of the button yet. Have you seen this behaviour? This is not the way it was working before I switched to Z-wave JS.

1 Like

Had anyone had issues with zwavejs and toggling a large number of lights? It’s working flawlessly for me until I try to toggle like 15 goths at once. (IE: “okay Google turn off all the lights”) — at which point Google reports that something went wrong and usually only a handful of lights turn off.

Making the switch to ZwaveJS:

How does events and data from a Ecolink PIR Motion Sensor V2.5 show up?

ZwaveJS does include the device, but no entities show up.

edit: A couple of reboots and a bit of patience, it works!

I don’t get any Up / Down switches for my blinds…
Qubino - ZMNHOD shutter
IS there a fix coming or do i have to do something to make them visible?

Is there a way to monitor status of the ZWaveJS container when the network is ready or not? I dont see any events coming through when the intial scan is completed after a restart or when it goes offline. Looking for something similar to a network ready event like we used to have.

1 Like

How do I use the Control Panel to lock/unlock the device? I haven’t found the button yet.

In the Node, look under Values, expand Door Lock, and set it with Target Lock Mode.

Thanks, but it doesn’t appear to be working. I’ve tried all the different states listed, but nothing seemed to change the lock state.

It might be related to the fact that my lock is actually a Kwikset 916, but it registers with the 910 profile. I submitted an issue about it on Github, but I know that my 916 lock has a lot of quirks, so I’m hoping they can figure it out.

Anyone else having nodes get marked as dead for no reason? This morning is keeps marking my front door lock (Schlage) and a GE Outdoor Plug as dead for no reason. I can operate the lock locally and it says “awake” but then goes “dead” about 5 seconds later. Have restarted a few times. Will try re-interviewing, but seems odd that its doing that randomly.