Let's start talking about the new Z-wave JS integration

I get same issue if I sue the serial device reference (/dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00). This is screenshot showing the devices reported. I only have the one key plugged and passed through to the VM.

No idea what to do now :man_facepalming:. I wonder if this has something to do with fact i’m running it in a VM and the web socket connection is restricted or something? I have no idea… i’m grasping at straws.

ZWaveJS is reporting this which shows it’s running:

I started separate thread for this: Z-Wave JS: Cannot get zwavejs2mqtt control panel to connect - #2 by nappyjim

Ha! Yep you got me. Need to lower my batch size and decrease my WIP to get this new HA configuration shipped to production.

I really like where HA has been headed lately. Z-Wave has always been iffy for me in HA but this new integration looks like something I can really get behind. And its in Node.js so if I can’t find a feature I can always write it and submit a PR.

1 Like

Has anyone added a ring alarm base station as a secondary controller?
I see it listed on compatible devices and am due to install one in a few weeks and would love the alarm and sensors to be available in homeassitant!

Are you running the zwave js add-on at the same time you are trying to run the zwavejs2mqtt add-on?

If so that’s your problem. they both can’t access the same stick at the same time.

Hello, I have the same problem! Is there already a solution? I found the following
-> https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/45965
but this is beyond my skills.

Any ideas what causes this?
I’ve tried restarting everything. The dimmers look fine in Zwavejs2mqtt, but with only one entity - a switch - in the integration

What happens when you try to use the switch? I’ve got a Fibaro Dimmer 2 added, and it also appears as a switch. But if I click it, a Brightness slider appears. If I try to add automations with it, I also get the “brightness_pct” variable that I can use.

I tried, but the switch entity doesn’t even turn the light on or off.
I have some Fibaro dimmer 2 as well. They worked, with all the necessary entites.

Hmm… Might be some compatibility issue with the Qubino dimmers then. Have you looked into the configuration files? I’ve got some Namron dimmers I need to do that with “one of these days”… :slight_smile:

When i was using the old zwave integration, i was using zwave.node_event for my motion detector HSM100.
Now, i migrate to Zwave JS, HMS 100 is still not working for motion detection so i want to use the event.
In the developper tools, i’m still having zwave.node_event but it’s not working anymore. The doc says that i must use zwave_js_event but i can’t find it in the developper tools tab…

Any idea?

zwavejs/zwavejs2mqtt:latest vs :master? What is the difference ?

go to the “events” tab.

Scroll all the way down and you will see a box that says “listen to events”

fill in the events you want to listen for (zwave_js_event) & click start listening.

watch for a motion alert from your device when it triggers.

Yep, so no need to have “zwave_js_event” list on the right?

I start to listen but it’s empty :frowning:

That’s only added when you have an automation that triggers off the event

1 Like

I didn’t know that’s where they came from.

wowww i’m lost…
With the old Zwave integration, i was using this automation:

- alias: 'Update motion'
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave.node_event
    event_data:        
      entity_id: zwave.homeseer_express_controls_hsm100_wireless_multi_sensor
      basic_level: 255
  action:
  - service: input_boolean.turn_on
    entity_id: input_boolean.mouvement_salon
  - delay: '00:00:25'
  - service: input_boolean.turn_off
    entity_id: input_boolean.mouvement_salon

How can i translate to the new js_event ?

You have to watch for the events generated by the zwavejs integration and capture the event data that you want to use from that event. then fill in the info to your trigger.

Ok thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:
So, i’m listening on js event, but it’s empty…

Strange thing is that “Basic Level” is show by the Zwave JS but it doesn’t move, it stays at “0”

Have you triggered the motion sensor?

I migrated from OZW (beta) to ZWaveJS using the ZWaveJS2MQTT add on (only using the ZWaveJS WS, MQTT disabled). I only have 1 Zwave Device, a GE/Jasco 14294 dimmer. In my OZW configuration, I had to update update verifyChanges = True in order to keep the state in sync with the physical button. I’m assuming since I did not need to re-pair the device, this migrated over.

All states are being reported, however there is a 3-4 second delay when turning on the switch from HA before the state is updated. Turning off via HA the state updates almost immediately. Is there something I should look at?