LG webOS Smart TV - Enable Turn On Action for HA 2022.2+

add

wake_on_lan:

to your configuration.yaml

Sorry for the question but where in the configuration.yaml do I put that - and how do I use it?

I must be doing something wrong as -so far- the wake-on-lan for my new (2022) LG webOS OLED48C1LA TV does not yet work for me.

I have the LG webos integration installed and the blueprint is added. It shows in automation.yaml as:

id: ‘1646248281624’
alias: LG webOS Smart TV - Turn On Action
description: ‘’
use_blueprint:
path: cvroque/webostv_turn_on.yaml
input:
webostv_mac: AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF
webostv: media_player.lg_webos_tv_oled48c16la
custom_action:
- device_id: ‘’
domain: ‘’
entity_id: ‘’

The mac address is copied from the tv which is wired to my router. The tv has fixed IP address

In configuration.yaml I added the wake_on_lan:

switch:

• platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF

The mac address is the same as in the blueprint

I use the very nice LG tv webos remote control in Home Assistant. This works very nice except for switching on the LG tv. Switching off the tv works fine.

Where do you think I made a mistake?

Hello, the correct way to add Wake On Lan integration is to have the line below somewhere in your configuration.yaml:

wake_on_lan:

After that, restart and it should work!

1 Like

Hello, please follow the steps here: Advanced Configuration - Home Assistant

Hi, works perfect. How would I create (or edit) this automation that it selects source: Plex 10 seconds after I turn on the TV?

1 Like

Reading your comment I decided to update the Blueprint and add new functionality!

Make sure to delete your blueprint and download again, then go to edit your automation where this option will be available:

After the Wake on Lan action is sent, the blueprint will wait until the TV reports “On” in HA and will run the “after actions”. All you’ll need to do is add one action like this:

1 Like

I can’t figure out why this won’t turn on my tv. It can turn it off but not turn on

You should add and configure the blueprint as described in the first post, then turning the TV On will work.

This is what I’m looking for correct?

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you for creating this blueprint. Got the power button working again in my dashboard.

I did have the strange experience it as first turned the tv on, but HA kept seeing the tv as off. When I went to the integration and turned a random source off. The my powerbutton on the dashboard was back to an error message, then I ran the automation again and now both the TV turns on and HA sees it as being on. May just have been a fluke. But thought I would mention it in case I am not the only one.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to go the IP control route? I found this within my LG WebOS TV, I think it might give us better control of the TV’s as it is built in for local control rather than relying on WEBOS. https://github.com/WesSouza/lgtv-ip-control

Note that “lgtv-ip-control” also uses Wake on Lan to turn the TV on:

The current integration runs locally as well, WebOS is just the name of the OS.

I’m having an issue. I added the wakeonlan to the config.yaml file. I added the blueprint. I restarted HA. I ran the automation, and nothing I’m able to power off the tv but still can’t power on. I checked the IP and mac address, made sure Mobile TV on is enabled on the tv. Is there something else I need to do?

Works perfectly for me on Home Assistant 2022.8.7 with LG TV Webos 3.0, TV connected via WiFi. Thanks for this amazing automation!

1 Like

Hey, nice work but unfortunately not working.
The flow works untill I add the condition that when the TV is already ON, it should turn it OFF.
I have the following config:

When I run it, while TV is off: it does not work. When I run it while TV is ON, it nicely turns off the tv. When I delete the condition, and do it like this: it does work, but I can not automate the toggle (basically switch on when off and switch off when on…)

please help. @carlos.vroque

Hey! When you add custom actions the default wake on lan is disabled. So you would need to add an IF to check the TV status.

But I believe that is not necessary, just add the custom action to make your harmony remote turn the TV On and let HA take care of turning the TV off!

Can you explain this a bit more? I can not add this if to the blueprint config, right? With regards to using Harmony to turn on the TV, yes that might work but I still need to have a “toggle” functionality to the “tap” action on my button, and this is not available for LG tv. I have to make some kindof check but can’t find the right spot for that. This would be the perfect blueprint if I can add this IF part.

Normally, HA needs help to turn the TV On, but after it’s on it can do everything on it’s own, so you can just turn it off from the media player entity.

But if you need the IF, you will have to add it like this:

Hey everyone - is there a final set of instructions? The main documentation still has the same info as when I first set up my LGTV integration. I have no issue turning it “off,” but like many others - turning the LG TV on poses an issue.

What is needed? Blueprint? Automation? Script? All of the above? Can someone consolidate?

Thanks!