Life 360 entities

hello, Im running HA for dashboard only, problem is I set up life 360 for my kids and I, added entities for all, the profile pictures are added on pc, but do not transfer to wall tablet dashboard, but the device tracker does. its like everything but the pics. what am i missing? thank you

Are you using a Companion App? Try erasing Frontend cache in the App.
A similar if you use a browser.

no, just life 360 app, well maybe hubitat. ive got life 360 intrigated into hubitat but dont think its pulling from that. ill try erasing the cashe in the app

Your post is absolutely unclear, what is “hubitat”, “life 360 intrigated into hubitat”.
Companion App = HA Companion App.

hubitat is the home automation hub ive got running a lot of zigbee and zwave devices. it also has a package manager i can add life 360, so i did that also. sorry for the unclear, i fix cars for a living, but really want a wallpanel. HA is somthing i tinker with but really no clue…

also i cant figure out how to clear cashe on my ipad, can you help?

Ok, let’s start again.
…also, since I am not a native English speaker - please try using simple phrases))))

As far as I understood:

1. You added Life360 integration to HA. HA is running on some of your server.
  2. When adding Life360 integration into HA, you defined your Life360 account (email, probably). So the Life360 integration got an access to your Life360 circles (which may include you & your family members).
  3. There are some people in your Life360 circles.
  4. Life360 integration creates a bunch of “device_tracker” entities - 1 per each person.
  5. Every person MAY have an avatar (or a photo) in your Life360 account.
  6. For each person, this avatar is stored as “entity_picture” attribute inside a corresponding “device_tracker” entity. Hence, after adding these “device_tracker” entities onto a Map card - you will see avatars of these people on a map. Similarly - on a Map page. Exception: if a person is at home (i.e. in a place defined as “home” in HA) - it’s avatar will not be displayed (the current design which I am not agree with - check here).
  7. A PC browser saves pictures in it’s cache. Sometimes a user changes a “entity_picture” for some entity - but a browser still shows an old picture. So you have to clean a cache.
  8. On a mobile device, a user may have an access to HA - either via a browser or via so called HA Companion App.
  9. To renew pictures (or installed custom cards, or other resources) on the HA Companion App - a user should run an “Erase Frontend cache” operation (push a corresponding button in the HA Companion App settings).
  10. If a user uses a browser on a mobile device - same as pt. 7.

@Ildar_Gabdullin this is what im running into

I see - empty pictures, check points 7,9,10.

Also - are these people really Away? Are the Home when they are really home?

yes, i am the only one home, that part is correct, just no image

I’ve heard of this before but have no idea why it happens. I’m not a “frontend” (aka UI) guy, so I can’t really suggest how to fix it, other than what @Ildar_Gabdullin already suggested, which is to clear the cache.

Try going to the STATES tab of the Developer Tools page. (If you don’t see that, go to your Profile page and turn “Advanced mode” on.) Then look for one of this life360 device_tracker entities. Click on one of them. Towards the top of the page, you’ll see details about that entity, including its state and attributes. Under attributes you should see one named entity_picture. Its value is an URL that should begin with something like “https://www.life360.com/img/user_images”. Copy & paste that URL into a web browser on both devices. It should bring up the picture for that person.

You might also check the STATES tab on both devices and make sure they show the same value for entity_picture.

Other than that, not really sure what to tell you.

@pnbruckner thanks for that info, sadly nothing fixed it, tried wiping clean ipad, starting over, the addresses are where they are supposed to be for the pictures on both devices, but only show up on the computer.