Lifesmart Cololight modular lights support

Any feedback welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great! Thanks!
I had previously managed to get some custom effects by sniffing the network traffic from the official app, then editing them into the cololight component code. This is obviously much easier :slight_smile:
The only feedback or suggestion I would have is if there was any way to configure the custom effects through the frontend, as defining them in the config means I need to restart homeassistant in order to experiment with different effects. Not a huge deal tho!
Thanks again, looking forward to being back on the official component! :slight_smile:

This is a great custom component, Iā€™m using it since day one and it is rock solid.
I can only encourage you to make it an official componentšŸ˜‰
And even better now that one can add it via HACS.

I wanted to report a small issue that I have with an automation.
I have a daily automation to start& stop a cololight in my sonā€™s bedroom.
Start work with no problem, but stop after sunrise, not always works, nearby every other day I find the lamp online in the morningā€¦
Any ideas why ?

Since the latest update from the other day Iā€™m getting the following error every time i try to turn on my cololight in living room.

Confirming same issue here.

I found this new entry in the logs:

Is this about to be fixed?

Or do I have just to change it in the configuration.yaml?
grafik

This should be fixed now, let me know if the issue is still occurring.

This is already resolved in the latest code.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply. Updated the component and everything is working fine.

Works for me as well.
Thanks for the fast fix :pray:

Iā€™d like to thank so much NoedelVreter and BazaJayGee66 for this component!

1 Like

For those using non-pro version and flashed with esphome or custom firmware:

GPIO2 - light
GPIO4 - touch button at the back
GPIO5 - touch button at the front

The component now supports adding Cololight through the UI along with creating/deleting custom effects.
Yaml is still also supported.

Any feedback welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@luci84tm Is this still occurring?
The component currently doesnā€™t confirm state, so it could be possible that the device doesnā€™t receive the command.
Another possibility is Iā€™ve had automations turn off unexpectedly in HA, meaning the automations never get run.

UNREAL! Thank you. Canā€™t wait to try it out!

No, it was working perfectly fine, till yesterday when I updated to the latest version.
Today I cannot switch any of my cololights on or off, they are out of control :slightly_frowning_face:

@luci84tm Are there any errors in the logs?
Are you able to raise an issue here, with details of:

• HA version
  • Install method
  • Cololight model
  • Cololight version

I have to monitor this after next restarts.
it looks like after a HA restart it works again, sorry for triggering you with no good reason.
I got this warning every time cololight was turned on:
2020-06-29 09:42:02 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities light.radu_cololight

HA version: 0.111.3

But as mentioned, after HA restart works againā€¦

after awhile it happens again, same warning like before:

2020-06-30 21:58:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities light.radu_cololight

From what I can find, I am assuming there is a race condition occurring where automations are being loaded before the entity is setup.
I havenā€™t been able to reproduce this error in HA 0.112.1, but will continue to monitor.