Light Card Kelvin

Does anything know how to put a kelvin slide on a light card so I don’t have to use the white temp slideing with a percentage value. I’d like to be able to choose the actual Kelvin value.

Create an input number (slider) with your Kelvin range and required step.

Create an automation triggered by change of this entity that adjust the light colour temp.

Add the slider to Lovelace.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I am totally new here and still trying to work everything out. Could you please be a little more specific (like exactly how do I do that?)

input_number:
  my_light_color_temp:
    name: My Light Color Temp 
    min: 2000 # check what your light supports
    max: 9000 # check what your light supports
    step: 200 # any step value you want

Automation:

trigger:
  platform: state
  entity_id: input_number.my_light_color_temp # triggers on any change (no to: specified)
action:
  service: light.turn_on
  data:
    entity_id: light.your_light
    color_temp: "{{ states('input_number.my_light_color_temp') }}"

I am getting there with understanding. I am TOTALLY new to this… Where does the first example get put? In the light card or the config?

You have two options for the input number:

1. Use the user interface (UI). Configuration / Helpers / + / Number

2. Put it in your /config/configuration.yaml file.

Ok, thank you! and now, how would I add that to my light card? :man_facepalming:t2:
Sorry for needing so much detail… I promise I am learning but coming over from Homeseer, this is totally different for me

Well you can’t add it to your light card, you an add it to an entities card under the light card using a vertical stack card.

Alternatively you can use a custom card trick to put both the light card and input number in an entities card, but that might be getting a bit advanced. Have a look at this and see what you think: