Lightwave RF Energy Monitor Sensor

Doesnt make sense to me… Have you tried running the command on your PC instead? Be good to validate that the UDP packets are being sent by the hub

Good call! I’ve run in on Windows and it’s not receiving any data…drat…I’ll have to investigate further. Thanks for your help this far!!

Is your lightwaverf link and the PC/Hassio on the same “physical” network.

yep, same network

(Sorry for the delay)

Sorry dont know, im guessing firewall/networking issue… Once you get the python to work the component will also work.

Hi Angelo

Finally got a load off stuff off my plate and managed to test - My LWRF link has been off since december but now up in the loft and works fine for the energy monitor

Anyway, I have added results pulled on my ubuntu box to the issue open on github for multiple sensors but here they are anyway

Looks like serial number is pulled and can distinguise between multiple monitors

Data received from LWRF Energy *!{“trans”:65,“mac”:“20:40:A8”,“time”:1591027715,“pkt”:“868R”,“fn”:“meterData”,“prod”:“pwrMtr”,“serial”:“DB81FE”,“type”:“energy”,“cUse”:1350,“todUse”:187}

Data received from LWRF Energy *!{“trans”:66,“mac”:“20:40:A8”,“time”:1591027737,“pkt”:“868R”,“fn”:“meterData”,“prod”:“pwrMtr”,“serial”:“CF50FE”,“type”:“energy”,“cUse”:138,“todUse”:14}

Cheers

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Is this still required? My energy monitor shows up by default

I quickly checked and I cant see a OOTB HA integration for the Lightwave RF Energy monitor…

What model Energy monitor do you have?

Hey @Angelo_Santagata

Anychance you managed to support multiple monitors yet?

hey ,… I forgot… I will look at it soon though

Thanks Man

Hey,
I`ve been using this but am noticing that it keeps losing connection , as you can see from the graph it stops updating after about an hour. The lightwave app shows its creating data, but seems to be losing it on the home assistant energy monitor.
Thanks

Hi there,

I was also seeing “gaps” recently (last 3-6 months), I couldnt work it out , it was working perfectly in my old house. They recently replaced my meter with a smart meter and it now works perfectly.

I dont think its an integration issue (the LFRF app also has the same delays) but interference.

Do you have an old SMETS1 meter? if so then it may have a 900mhz 2G modem, I wonder if that was causing me issues…

This what i saw in Oct, see the gaps

and this is what I see now

It all changed when they installed the new SMET2 meter , which i think has a 4g radio.

You could try moving the transmitter + clamp as far away from the meter as you can.

Thanks Angelo

The thing is on the lightwave app there is no problem, it continuously updates the graph.
So i think its something between the lightwave link and HA.
I did try opening the UDP port on my home network through the router.

is it on the same network? i had this issue once but then i received no data, not just missing data…

It all started failing when i moved into this new house, and then worked again when they swapped the meter …

Hey Angelo <
Yes all within my home network. Seems that if I restart home assistant it works for about 30mins on average and then just stops.

I honestly dont know…

I just checked mine, and noticed two small gaps

I’ll be honest, i dont know whats causing it, the HA integration is just listening for the udp packets… …