Lightwave Thermostatic Valves

Im away for a coupe of days ut i will give it a try when i get back to the home base .

i am using all new lithium batteries which may explain the high percentage shown.

Installed OK and so far no errors showing up in the logs, Battery sensors still showing high. Thanks for the updates.

I may have found an issue. It appears to conflict with the Lightwave Energy Monitor from HACS, I noted that it had (Monitor) stopped reporting, and a quick look showed it stopped around the same time I installed your test files.
I removed your files from Custom Components and the Monitor started reporting again.
I replaced your files and the monitor stopped working ā€¦

I donā€™t use the energy monitor, but I can see there being a conflict if it also listens for UDP requests. Both are likely to use the same TCP PORT to listen on.
The monitor guys will probably need to make a change to set the socket option to reuse the port.
Do you which GIT repo their code uses, we can raise an issue and suggest a fix.

is this what you need ?

Thanks, that is what I needed. I have logged an issue with them.

I believe the following change would resolve the issue - but I cannot test.

If you can change custom_components/lightwaverf_energy/sensor.py as follows it might get both working,

From

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
            sock.bind(("0.0.0.0", 9761))

To

sock.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_REUSEPORT, 1)

I have changed the file as suggested, I tried inserting the Middle line and restarted this did not work.
I then copied all 3 lines over the existing 2 (just in case) but it still did not work.

Oh, I was hoping it would :-).
I going by guesswork, maybe the BROADCAST line is needed too, but think this is clutching at straws.

sock.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_BROADCAST, 1)

If this does not work, then we have a fundamental problem that the two cannot work together.

They both try to get the broadcast network data on the same port used by the Lightwave hub.
I donā€™t know enough about Python threading, but had hoped the SO_REUSEPORT option would allow both to get the data - but your tests suggest not.

The resolution would be an update to GitHub - GeoffAtHome/lightwave: Reliable communication to LightwaveRF hub. to provide a single universal UDP listener for both to use, with some kind of callback. Quite a bit of work, and at the limit of my current Python knowledge. Would also require collaboration from asantaga (Angelo Santagata) Ā· GitHub (and any other Lightwave custom_components providers).

Iā€™ve added the extra line and sadly no luckā€¦

I thank you for all your help, and guess Iā€™ll have to wait for folks wiser than I to see if a solution can be found, For now the TRV info is more useful than the monitor :).

If I can be of any help in the future (for anything) please feel free to give me a shout ā€¦

Bill

Ahā€¦ an updateā€¦ we have success and I may be to blame for it not working initially.

I have been commissioning a new HA server and forgot to remove the LW components from my old server.

once I had done this I started to get the data back from the Monitor.

Iā€™m going to remove the 2 additional lines and see if the problem re-occurs.

will update shortly

Hi,

I can confirm that I/We need your first fix as this works now.

I now have the Monitor reporting and the TRVā€™s working.
My appologise for forgetting my old HA server and thank you again for your help.

As before please let me know if you need any assistance

Thatā€™s great news, thank you for your persistence in trying the fix.

This is now integrated into HA 2023.6